Chapter 5: Everything Goes Very Wrong Very Quickly

Moon POV

So that 'Fatum' group Zero mentioned earlier? Turns out they're an unofficial guild. Run by criminals.  Lovely.

Zero was leading us down a worn staircase inside of a two story building on the edge of the city. It smelled like mildew and blood. I was having no difficulty with the stairs, but Earth's legs were too short to walk so he was toddler-dropping between each one and Sun's leg-bone-things were wider than the stairs so she ended up going sideways. Vane had cast a magelight spell earlier so we could see, but it didn't reach very far and the someone seemed to have spilt something slippery on the damn stairs and we slipped the whole way down. 

Zero stopped at a door at the bottom of the staircase and knocked. We had to wait two minutes before someone came to the door. The female who opened the door had neon pink hair tinted purple by the blacklight above her and a face mask with oni teeth pictured on it. Her black jacket was opened to reveal a white skin-tight tank top accompanied by the shortest shorts I'd ever seen. If not for the fact that she was wearing skimpy clothing, we could've been buddies.

Her yellow eyes revealed her were-nature and flashed when they passed over me

Her yellow eyes revealed her were-nature and flashed when they passed over me. She nodded to Zero and stepped aside to let us in. The moment I passed the threshold I was subject to heavy bass that threatened to rearrange my bones. Must've been a silencing spell written into the doorway.

Zero led us in. Everywhere you looked there were spray painted tags and flashing neon lights. Weregirl came from behind us and motioned to follow. We aimed for a bar to the left, staying far from the dancefloor, but still ended up fighting elbows and dancers.

I nipped at the heels of several creatures before we met a door just beyond the bar. A backroom. Weregirl knocked on the door before opening it and motioning us in. Zero went in with no hesitation. Weregirl winked at me before shutting the door, closing off all sound from the outside. Another silencing spell... 

 Turning back to the room we'd entered, the first thing I noticed was the angel perched on a couch on a two-step dais.

(I'd describe them, but I don't feel like it. Just look at the pic on top before coming back)

The glare they shot our direction when we came in wasn't anything an angel would've done, which led me to believe that this was glamour. They were likely a malevolent being under the guise of an angel. I sniffed the air to try and catch their scent. Brimstone? If I'd had any doubts, I didn't have them now. Demon. Ironic, and very cliche. Almost like the author had no other ideas for the twist on what this creature could be. Moving on. (AN: T-T)

"Zero! Love! How wonderful of you to pay me a visit!" The not-angel stood, stepping down and attempting to give Zero a hug. Keyword attempt. Zero whipped a dagger from nowhere and held it to the angel's neck. The angel skipped back playfully, holding its hands up in mock surrender.

"Yeah, yeah. Not a hugger, got it," The angel turned to us, narrowing its eyes suspiciously. "How about you introduce me to your... Companions?"

I didn't like this guy one bit. If not for the fact that they might know where Darkness was hiding, I would've hightailed it out of here ages ago. I flashed a fang as Zero started talking, flipping a hand in our direction lazily.

"These three are the Others. The wolf is the Moon, the dragon is the Earth, and the deerdog-thing is the Sun." Earth waved a bit and Sun dipped her head in greeting, clearly liking this as much as I was. I turned my snarly face into a wolfish smirk, but the angel wasn't intimidated.

"Really? And what could such all-knowing and powerful creatures want with little 'ol me?" The angel made an innocent face, clearly mocking us. "Surely I have nothing to offer."

The angel took another glance at us, confusion swimming in their gold eyes. Did they have gold eyes a minute ago?

"I see," The angel was on edge, but turned their back to us and walked back to the couch, sinking gracefully onto its white cushions. "I can offer information on where the Darkness may be, but it wi-"

"-will come for a price," Sun interrupted. "What sort of payment do you require?"

The angel was clearly put off by Sun's interruption, they'd probably never been interrupted ever and this gave me immense satisfaction. That expression just made my day. The angel cleared their throat, regaining composure.

"Leave me with Zero for a bit, and you'll get what you need," Zero's expression darkened immediately. He clearly knew why the not-angel wanted him to themself. His reaction did nothing but put me on edge, and I could feel the Others tensing beside me.

"Promise you'll get him back," The angel made a shooing motion, and the four weres (who I apparently neglected to notice) began shoving us out. I backed up, clearly not wanting to go, but Zero nodded in our direction.

"It's fine. I'll deal with this one and we'll be on our way," I didn't like the unplaceable look in his eyes but I turned and walked out anyway. If he knew what he was getting into, I'd leave it to him. He knew more about this place than I did. Even if I hate admitting it.