Chapter 2 ~ A Truce With The Pigs?!

"Another successful day of protecting the island. Great job, guys." Red said, beaming with pride.

Chuck, Bomb, and Y/N gave each other the high five. The 3 hatchlings jumped into Red's wings.

"You saved us, Red! You're our hero!"

"What can I say? That's what I do. Now why don't you go ahead and run along and keep your big cute eyes peeled for the next pig prank, alright?"

They ran off but one of the hatchling named Sam-Sam looked back at the adults and growled.

"PIGS!" he clenched his fist, surprising Red and others as they blink.

"I'm going to get you!" Zoe teased as they chased after Sam-Sam around the beach.

"So cute." Y/N chuckled.

"Yeah. Adorable. Okay, let's just finish clean up the rest of these crabs, and we can move on to.."

Chuck used his super speed and grabbed every single one of the crabs and tossed them all into the recycle bin. Although he also manage to stuff Bomb in there on accident. Bomb popped his head out and was stuck but he saw something floating in the distance towards them. Red, Y/N, and Chuck noticed it too.

"What is that?" Bomb asked and got out of the bin.

"What the heck?" Red wondered.

It was the green balloon with a face on it and attached to the string was the rolled up note. You grabbed it and untie the string, letting the balloon go. 

"Oh, look! It seems like some kind of note." Bomb said.

"What if it's a love note? What if it's like a message in a bottle?" Chuck gasped.

"Or genie in a bottle." Bomb excitedly said.

"Guys, there's no bottle, so just, you know, stop." Red told them and looked at the note over your shoulder as you read the note.

"Dear birds,

We humbly request a truce. Can we talk?

Love, Leonard XOXO."

"It is a love note.." you thought, already blushing while Red growled quietly.

"Nice try, piggies!" Red scoffed grabbing the note from you and crumbled it up.

"News flash, we're not idiots! Ow! Hey."

Another note immediately flew over and knocked Red in the face. He decided to read another one.

"Dear birds,

You are idiots. But..

We are serious about the truce."

"Really?" you said feeling as though relieved and looked up to see some more green balloons floating above Bird Island with the banner saying "Truce!".

The birds took noticed and looked at the notes. Jay tried to grab it until he finally caught it.

"I got it! Oh no!"

Jay started to float away.

"Check it out, everybody!" Alex called, holding up the note.

"Let me see that." Pinky said taking a look at the note before she gasped.

"A truce! A truce!"

"A truce with the pigs?!" the white bird named Ella cheered.

"A truce?!" Chuck cried in joy.