TWO - Fades

SETH MONTGOMERY

TWO - Fades

I am a bad influence. I know that, I think the entire town knows that. I've got two shots, one in my left and the other in my right.

I am in a drunken haze, feeling my heart skip every couple of beats, almost in beat with the music that surrounds the air in Hostile Cessation. The towns only night club.

I throw back the shots, ignoring the eyes around me. I know they're looking, they're always looking. I have no sort of privacy here, it's a big part of why I am leaving town. In four months time, I'll be nothing but a memory, a fucking phantom and I hope that I haunt them all.

"More." I command the bartender, slamming the empty shot glasses back onto the bench. The bartender throws me a cautious look, not really knowing how to proceed.

"I think you've had enough there Veronica." He finally says to me after a few moments of dead air between us.

I tilt my head to the side and narrow my slightly blurred eyes at him, knowing that I probably look like an absolute mess. "I think you're fucking wrong there, Blue." I return with a slight scowl before continuing on. "Just give me what I want, I'm not here to fuck around."

Blue shakes his blonde head slightly before shooting me a look of disappointment. I don't let it bother me, I just watch as he pours me another two shots of vodka like the good little muppet that he is.

He hands them both to me and I decide to shoot him a bright smile of gratitude, before downing both of them down in a matter of seconds. I like alcohol, I know it's bad but helps me to forget. All I fucking want in life is to forget.

I push myself away from the bench, and make my way to the middle of the crowd where I finally decide to get lost to the beat. No, I am not grinding on some sexy man or any of that shit. I am here to enjoy myself, not throw myself at someone.

I dance by myself for a few moments until I feel someone's presence behind me. I stop dancing and put on my signature bitch look, the look that makes anyone back the fuck away from me if I want them to. I slowly turn around and glare straight into a pair of startled brown eyes.

I let my guard down as I take notice of the new boy. "Travis?" I slur and let my face dance back into a happy grin. "What on earth are you doing here?" I ask him before pulling him into a tight hug.

"I was about to ask the same thing!" He mumbles to me, I only just manage to hear him over the sound of the music. "Where are your friends? Why are you dancing alone?"

I pull away and happily shrug at him. "Would you like to dance with me Travis?" I smile at him and he looks down at me, worry evident in those soft eyes of his.

He hesitates, so I don't give him a chance to escape. I grip his hands tightly with my own and my mouth opens. "Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination." I begin to sing to him as Pure imagination by Fiona Apple and remixes by Kenny Grey plays. I start to spin around with him and he just follows along with a small smile. "Take a look, and you'll see into your imagination."