third meeting, third chance

Three years after her marriage, Queen Elsa bore two children- twins. One female, one male.

Her daughter, Princess Lovise, went on to marry a man, and had three children.

And it went on, and on, and on.

When Elsa was eighty six, another country declared war with hers. 

And since she was so old, she knew she was dying.

Foolishness.

That was the only thing Queen Elsa could think of, looking back into her life. As the years passed, Elsa became more and more strict, more and more closed to herself, more and more silent. She rarely smiled outwardly now, and her face was almost always grim. She had shut the gates when the other Kingdom had declared war on Arendelle, to Anna and Lovise's dismay.

She was proud that her daughter had grown to become a beautiful woman with wavy white hair and icy blue eyes, like her mother. Her son, Alexander became a slender yet well-muscled man, also with white hair and blue eyes, though he had darker blue eyes like his father. Lovise was a proud, kind and patient woman, and Alexander, in contrast, was a brash, arrogant and impatient man, though he was good at making decisions and kind to his friends.

Elsa was currently eighty-nine, and quite frail already. In two days, her granddaughter Lucy would be giving birth. She hoped to survive long enough to see the baby, or hear the news. Just two more days, she would keep reminding herself. Two more days, Elsa.

She laid in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. Her husband, Jack "Frost" had died a few years ago. Why did she have to outlive her husband? Since she was now nearly unable to speak smoothly, she thought whatever she wanted to say.

Elsa stayed like that for an hour, and eventually drifted to sleep. She did not dream dreams, however. She remembered the memories of her not-so-joyous childhood.

"Elsa, this is your baby sister, Anna!" Queen Elise of Arendelle beamed at her white-haired daughter, who giggled at the sight of the tiny, brown-haired baby. Three-year-old Princess Elsa thought that her younger sister was extremely cute, even with extremely short hair. 

Just then, Anna's eyelids fluttered open and big, blue eyes stared at Elsa. Elsa gave a gasp, and clapped her hands together. They formed a pretty blue snowflake. That was the first thing Princess Anna of Arendelle saw. A pretty blue snowflake.

Six-year-old Princess Elsa tugged at her mother's satin skirt, her blue eyes curious. Queen Elise turned her head and looked at the young girl, smiling warmly. "Yes, dear?" she asked.

"Mummy, why do I have white hair while you, Papa and Anna have brown hair? Did I get it from Auntie Annelise?" Elsa asked. She had never met her aunt Annelise, who was the Queen of Corona. As her daughter, Rapunzel, had been stolen when she was just born, she had been too deeply distressed to even send letters. Elise shook her head slightly sadly. 

"You're auntie Annelise had brown hair, dear," she replied. "You have white hair because you're special. You have magical ice powers, that is why you have white hair. It makes your powers stronger." 

Elsa gave her mother big, sad blue eyes. "But I don't want white hair, mummy. All the town kids think its weird and scary. Is there a way to get rid of my powers?"

Elise shook her head, sighing, and Elsa started to cry.

Princess Elsa was now eleven years old. Her younger sister, Anna missed her dearly. So, on winter, Anna rushed up to her door and knocked on it five times. "Elsa, do you wanna build a snowman?" she cried. "Or ride a bike around the halls?!"