Chcapter ELEVEN

He always wanted to try the hot coffee at the new café built less than three months ago. It cost him $2.99, and it came with a paper cup wrapped around with a rustic leather reusable grip sleeve. He sat down with a gratified smirk.

Blackhawk took a quaff of his coffee. The cup held only bitterness. Without milk or sugar in it. Just the way he liked it. It was the best seller. A group formed early at the stall and persisted until the beans had run out. The air was dense with the aura of coffee. It lured him out of his office during a significant line of work. Listening to his taste bud, he emptied every drop from the cup.

"Are you done?"

Darting from between the hood of his eyes, he tumbled off his chair at the sight of Kate's enraged look. Her eyes were without moisture and lips pursed. To describe her facial expression would be like interpreting a blank sheet of paper. He beckoned the boy wrapped in a black apron for a refill.

"We don't have all day."

His eyes crinkled with a frown as he glanced down at his wrist. "Eleven in the morning is damn right early enough."

She sighed. "So, he picks up Yolanda and moves to Charlotte the next week. I'm thinking of an affair..."

"What about Michaela?" He sipped from his beverage.

"She's the black sheep." Kate murmured. "...and she's not found."

"What about the DNA and fingerprints?" Blackhawk asked.

Kate shook her head. "Brandon says there are traces of Ganglion's tissue under both the victim's fingernails. But it's too early to establish all at this point without him found."

Kate stilled in her seat. "In the report, Brandon mentioned the cut womb of Yolanda and Charlotte's last stomach contents contained large doses of Rattex."

"So our vic's were poisoned and shot with caliber gunshot wounds. What about–"

Kate held up one hand and she swiped her slender finger along with the screen of her phone before bringing it to her ear. Her eyes scrunched, wrinkling the skin around it as she took in every report. She nodded down at the table, biting into her lower lip as her eyes squint. Blackhawk took notice of everything the woman possessed.

She was full of habits.

Ending the call, Kate glanced up at him. Her eyes glowed with valuable information and she fisted her hands beneath her chin. "Brandon discovered an embryo implanted into the walls of their uterus."

"So... both women were–"

"Pregnant." She smiled as she collected herself and pulled Blackhawk towards the precinct.

• • •

"I can't."

"I can't take him with me," she sighed. "Please?"

Working his hand along the creases of his forehead, Blackhawk exhaled. "It's not safe for him here."

She snorted. "So what? He will grab your gun and commit arson?"

"Well, that would definitely put forward justifying the innocent." he chuckled, leaning back against his chair and swirled in a reflex angle at the corner of his desk.

"Adriel, it will be chaos and I can't duplicate myself to manage both." she said. "You want me to beg?"

He smirked. "Only in the bedroom baby."

His cock twitched in his pants at the memory of her slim curves spread across his bed. Her young curves. Through the device he imagined her cheeks burning a bright red. Her raven hair falling across her face to shield her tint and her innocence merely made her fragile. Her fragility made Blackhawk stiffer by the second.