Meeting the Beast

There he stood, a mere twelve inches away from the bars, held back by a chain connected to the back of his straight jacket as he dug his feet into the soft dirt below, snarling and gnashing his teeth as if he were a vicious predator intimidating his prey. His eyes were wide and filled with an indescribable look that either conveyed hunger or rage. The Person found themselves on the ground, turning their head to hear a couple of onlookers, including the twins from before, laughing as they tried to catch her breath. They stood shakily, watching as the chained "beast" continued to fight and struggle against the chain, now barking much louder than before. As they watched him yank and tug against the chain, their heart sank deeper into their chest, as they could only feel sad for the being caged before them. The Person began to approach the cage, flinching each time the beast leaned closer to snap his teeth, but soon, they found themselves touching the bars, safely knowing that they was just barely out of reach. The Person looked around, before noticing a sign near his cage, "Do NOT stick arms in cage. We won't stop you, you signed the waiver." They sighed and held their breath, thinking about her next movements carefully.

Their hand moved up the bar, watching as he eyed their fingers carefully. They slowly stuck their hand in, The Beast's head cocked directly above him as he tried to lean closer for a bite, growling with each failed attempt. As he was distracted doing this, another hand slowly reached through the bars, and soon enough, made contact with his cold, pale skin. He froze, feeling the sudden warmth begin to scratch behind his ear as his growling subsided into silence. His gaze slowly shifted into their eyes, and with each scratch, the more his eyes closed from the sensation. Against his icy skin, their hands were like the familiar yet distant rays of sunshine that the beast had felt long, long ago, causing him to essentially melt to The Person's touch. They smiled, cupping his cheek into their palm as the other hand moved down to hold his face, "You're not so bad are you now... you're just.. like a big puppy..." they chuckled softly, before the sudden bang of drums snapped him out of this trance, causing him to quickly bite The Person's wrist with an insane amount of force.