The Grand Finale

The Beast now stood, locked into a warm embrace, he stared blankly, his teeth bared as he barked openly at nothing. He made no attempts to get free or fight, but just stayed in The Person's arms, barking out into the open air. The sudden warmth slowly began to bring things back to him; where he was before this cage, who he was as a person, and why he had ended up in a terrible place. Slowly, his barks turned to heavy pants, and as his eyes drifted to the floor, his pants turned to heavy sobs. The Nurse quietly made her way behind them, working on the chain's cuffs attached to the back of his straight jacket while he sobbed loudly into the shoulder of The Person before him. All they could do was shush and comfort him, as once the chain dropped loosely to the floor, he collapsed to his knees with The Person who held him, his voice hoarse from how hard he had wept. Soon enough, the buckles on his straight jacket were undone, and he found himself returning the warm hug.

The Nurse took the hands of The Twins and The Diva, smiling as she turned to the exit, "We need to get going... The Ringmaster will have a pretty interesting surprise when she gets here later..." As she began to walk, The Person hefted The Reformed Beast onto their shoulder, "Come on now..." they softly spoke, "We need to get you some real food.. and a bath..." They chuckled, holding his body close to theirs as they too approached the exit. As everyone stepped outside, their eyes shut tight from the sudden brightness, before slowly opening, adjusting to the daytime sun. "It's so warm...!" The Twins spoke, their hands reaching up to to air, as if trying to capture and hold the warms to their body. The Diva admired the blue of the morning sky, no longer worrying about her own appearance as she smiled at the passing clouds. The Blue Man looked around, taking in everything before speaking, "Trees... the grass is so green... I can hear a town nearby..." He weakly spoke. The Nurse turned to face her new housemates, smiling softly, "Let's get you somewhere safe..." she spoke, before turning to The Person, "Thank you..." she hummed, before quietly disappearing into the woods, each hand holding another's. As The Person began to lead The Blue Man to their home, he softly spoke. "Thank you... what's... your name.. by the way..?" They looked down at him softly, "(y/n)... And.. you..?" He gulped quietly, "Kaito..." he held onto to them a bit tighter, "You're really something... I'm sorry for biting you..." he sighed under his breath. "It's fine... I can't sue since I signed a waiver..." they chuckled jokingly, them both sharing a laugh as they left into the woods.

And while now there are fewer acts than before, people still gathered from all around at this freak show. They'd point and laugh and cheer for the various acts and performances. For the circus has never left, but it was always open at night.