Great News!

Friday 29 June

3:47p.m

I, Aisling Louise Fitzsimons, am once again on the eve of a new adventure. In which I once again leave all my friends and everything I have come to know at my new home in Dublin Ireland… Okay, okay, okay, so I’m not leaving yet. I still have just less than three months left until I actually leave.

I just got the acceptance letter from Tante Marie Culinary Academy.

Congratulations! I am please to inform you that your application to Tante Marie Culinary Academy for the Cordon Bleu Diploma Course has been accepted. We look forward to seeing you this fall semester, September 10th.

What a wonderful surprise to come home to after a long last day of school. I’m so excited I could hardly contain myself! The fact that I had handed in the application a little passed the due date made me sure that I wasn’t going to get in this year. But, I made it in; I actually made it into a cooking school! It’s a really good cooking school to boot! I have to go tell Murphy, Siobhan and Ali, like now!

With a quick kiss on the cheek to my mom and dad I announced that I had to tell Murphy, Siobhan and Ali straight away. My mom was beaming, “You can go ahead and invite them to dinner Aisling. I’ll take you out tonight as a congratulatory dinner.” I smiled, “Okay, thank-you mom!” then ran out the door.

5:14p.m

Murphy, Ali and I stood side by side outside the coffee shop. We have literally been everywhere we could think of looking for Siobhan. Her mom had no idea where she could be, “she’s been gone about this time every few days.” Apparently whenever her mom asked where she’s been she just says, ‘out and about.’ You know Siobhan; once she decides on something nothing can change her mind. And it looks like she’s decided that no one needs to know where she is.

“Your mom said to meet her at the restaurant at 5:30 Aisling,” Ali whined.

I tapped my foot where on earth can she be! I felt a hand wrap around my waist,”She hasn’t text back yet?” Murphy questioned. I shook my head, no. “Well, you could always tell her tomorrow. Or when she texts you back.” He suggested.

I sighed, I guess he’s right. It would have been perfect to have everyone there at the dinner though, and I really wanted to tell her today. But it wouldn’t be fair if I kept my parents waiting. They were treating me and my friends to dinner after all. Ali, Murphy and I began walking to the restaurant, knowing my family they were most likely already waiting for us there.

“Are you excited?” Ali asked.

“Yes!  I’m extremely excited!” I sang. “I still can’t believe I made it in!”

Murphy squeezed my head, “I knew you would make it in. They would be crazy not to take you!”

Just as we rounded the last corner to the restaurant, there stood Siobhan. She looked exhausted and completely zoned out. “Siobhan,” I exclaimed as I almost walked right into her.

“Aisling,” She looked surprised to see us. “What are you guys doing here?”

Ali chimed in, “looking for you! Where have you been?”

A stubborn look glazed over her eyes, “around.” She stated.

I rolled my eyes, “Well while you’ve been out doing secret stuff I’ve been dying to tell you my amazing news! I’ve been accepted into Tante Marie Culinary Academy!”

Her eyes brightened and she squealed, “I knew you would get in!” Murphy laughed at our excited bouncing.

“Guys were now five minutes late for dinner!” Ali exclaimed.

“Siobhan you’re not busy are you?” I asked, she shook her head ‘no.’ “Good, you’re invited to my congratulatory dinner. My mom’s treating.”

She laughed, “Sweet deal!”

“Let’s go guys!” Ali jerked on our arms, and we all ran the last bit to the restaurant.

6:09p.m

“I am so full.” I rubbed my stomach, smiling at everyone around the table. “Thank-you mom and dad it was delicious.” Siobhan, Ali, Murphy, and Rory all coursed their thank-you as well. 

“No problem Aisling. We are both so proud of you for this new huge step you’re taking.” Mom said as she stood up. “I’m assuming you want to walk home with your friends?” I nodded yes; she came around the table and gave me a hug and kiss on the forehead. “I’ll see you at home then”

Siobhan stood up, “thanks again Mrs. Fitzsimons.” And the four of us stood up to leave the restaurant; I stopped once more to give both my parents another hug.

Not in much of a rush to get home we started slowly walking in the general direction of home. “So, what are you going to do when Aisling leaves?” Ali asked Murphy. I stuttered a step as I was walking, I hadn’t even though about that! I haven’t even asked him about it yet! What are we going to do?

“I’m going with her of course.” Murphy responded confidently. “The only reason I came back from traveling the world last year was because I want to travel with Aisling. Now I can, England is our first stop.” I squeezed his hand. Have I ever mentioned how much I love my boyfriend!

As Ali and Murphy continued to talk Siobhan turned to me, “so how much money have you managed to save?”

My heart skipped a beat, “I’ve only got £6,700 still. I need to raise £12,800 before the end of summer.” I looked at her glumly, how am I going to pull this off?

A smile spread across her face, “this is going to be fun.”

“Uh-oh,” Ali muttered.

Uh-oh indeed! That look means she’s determined and when she gets determined she’ll stop at nothing to accomplish her task. What does she have up her sleeve? Whatever it is, I sure hope it works!