014

xiv. for yo own damn good.
chapter fourteen

i wake up feeling a light pressure on my waist and soft breath tickling the nape of my neck. my brain is all foggy and it takes me a moment to realize where i am and who i'm in bed with. the shirt hanging loosely off my frame tells me that we didn't have sex, because i honestly couldn't remember on my own. the feeling of his body heat makes my stomach flutter.

pieces of last night come flooding through my head and it brings a smile to my face, i close my eyes and bury my body against his. praying for just a little more of this, just a little longer.

"you awake ma?" i hear his raspy voice in my ear and his breath fanning my neck. i don't reply, i just press my back further into his chest and feel his chest rise and fall with a breathy chuckle.

"get yo cute ass up, it's already twelve," he says and suddenly my body jolts awake. twelve? i'm fucking dead.

"twelve? i'm fucking dead." my thoughts pass into the air with no filter in between. he chuckles and i see the sleep in his eyes, reflecting the panic in mine. he chuckles at my state of panic and i hit him across his blanket-covered chest with my pillow.

"it's all fun and jokes until my moms arrested for my murder," i quip, tilting my head sassily, waiting for his response.

"i mean i tried to wake yo ass up like ten times-" he begins but i cut him of swiftly.

"tried and failed, it pendejo." i kick the sheets off my body and swing my legs over the side of the bed, my hand farting out to grab my phone as fez watches on in amusement.

"fuck does that mean?" he asks and i hear the smile in his voice as i look at the twelve missed calls from my mother. and the twenty-seven texts. and the six facetimes.

"it means dumbass, dumbass." i shoot, dropping my phone on the nightstand and dropping my head in my hands.

"why did i think this was a good idea? and we took the car. not only did i go MIA for an entire night but i also stole her car. cool. okay. alright. yep." i squeeze my eyes shut and sit up straight.

"lina it's gonna be fin-" he starts and i shake my head.

"no, no. no, no. it will not be fine. i need to call her so i can break the lecture up, half on the phone half in person." i think aloud, mindlessly reaching for my phone.

"actually i'm gonna text first," i say aloud, fez still watching on in astonishment.

'mom i am so so sorry that i haven't been answering and that i took the car for so long'

'i'll call right now i'm so so so so sorry please don't be mad okay i'm okay everything is fine'

my head is banging and the panic is making it worse, as my finger navigates to find the call button, a picture of my mother and i engulfs my screen.

i turn to fez and glare and his hands shoot up in defeat.

i sigh and answer the call,

"mom i'm so so sorry, i should've called and told you i was sleeping over and i should've returned the car i'm sorry, i really am."

"¿qué diablos estabas pensado caro?¿cuantas veces te llamé?¿dondé estás ahora mismo?"

"i know, i know- i'm sorry. i'm sorry i didn't call as soon as i woke up i know i messed up, i'm getting in the car right now i'm coming home."

"i was afraid carolina. i don't mind you going out, i want you to make friends but you have to let me know what's going on. i was getting ready to call the police i thought something had happened because i know my caro wouldn't take the car and not come back for hours without a single call. it's not hard to pick up the phone and call me caro."

"yo sé, i'm sorry mom."

"¿estás bien?"

"yeah."

"so come home please."

"okay mom."

ever since my dad killed himself it's been my mom and i.

he kinda did a number on us, we're really different now. mom holds onto his memory and worships him even in death and i hate him for lying, for leaving me here, for everything he's put mom through.

she gets really worried that she'll lose me too, i know that. and i still didn't call.

"i love you mom."

"i love you more."

we really only have each other, the phone line goes dead.

"fuck." i state. looking at fez from below my messy bangs.

"you needa get yo ass home ma." he says and i roll my eyes.

"huh, i didn't realize." i comment sarcastically. he smiles softly at me and i roll my eyes again.

"what's with the attitude ma?" he teases and i wack him across the chest with the back of my hand.

"shut up, i need to get dressed." i stand at the edge of his bed and look to the dresser in the corner at my folded clothes. i pull his shirt over my head and i hear him shift on the bed.

"jesus lina, you just gonna get naked outta nowhere?" he exclaims, shocked.

"my back is literally all you can see babe so unless you ask me to turn around, i think we'll survive." i say with a smirk and he gets quiet.

he's not gonna ask me to turn around, he's too polite.

i put my bra on, clipping it in place and then turning to face him, clad in a bra and his boxers.

"could i borrow a shirt? please? i don't wanna wear the one from last night it smells like alcohol and sweat and my moms already-"

"all you gotta do is ask, ma. you look better in my shit anyways." he says and i blush, blushing a little harder when his eyes travel my figure for a moment.

"where are you looking there babe?" i ask, shifting my weight to my right.

he shakes his head and smiles.
"shut yo ass up and pick a shirt out," he says pointing to the drawer behind me. i pick out the second shirt i see, it's black and faded with the word run across the chest in white and grey graffiti.

i toss it over my head and slip my pants on, tucking his shirt in. slipping my socks on with my doc martins, i run my fingers through my hair a few times. i brush a strand out my face, presenting him with a smile.

"how do i look?"

"too pretty for yo own damn good."

AUTHOR'S NOTE💌

y'all i'm so fucking sorry but ya girl has been fighting some serious demons. namely laziness, depression, writers block, college shit and whatever who cares but hey!! i'm back!!

sorry for the long ass wait!!