Surprise

To say the team was surprised when they arrived home from grocery shopping to see Peter awake and laughing was an understatement. For about five minutes, everyone just stared at Peter and Tony as the laughed at a TV show they were watching. Finally Natasha walked toward them, "Peter?"

Tony and Peter both looked up at the group that had returned. "Natasha!" He opened his arms for a hug which she gladly gave.

"How you feeling, bud?" Steve asked, setting several bags on the kitchen counter.

"Fine, tired and weak mostly." Peter replied happily.

"Glad to have you awake, kid." Rhodey said.

Peter smiled brightly and looked at everyone, "So what Christmas movie are we watching?"

"Santa Claus."

"Elf."

"Home Alone."

"The Polar Express." At that everyone quieted and looked at Tony. Peter smacked his arm playfully.

"C'mon Tony, everyone knows you can only watch that movie on Christmas Eve!"

"Alright, sorry, sorry. We'll watch Elf." He received a few mean looks from others for not choosing their requested movie. Tony didn't really care.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The team ate a healthy meal of ten, thick crust (per Peter's request), pizzas while watching the movie. Since Peter had awoken everyone's happiness levels had spiked. Their wasn't on face in the room that wasn't smiling. Just like it should be during Christmas time.

A few people went to bed before the end of the movie, but most stayed. Peter had fallen asleep on Tony and now Tony faced the dilemma of carrying the teen back to his room. Somehow he managed to pick up the spider kid, bridal style, and carry him to his bedroom without him waking. Or so he thought.

After setting Peter down on the bed and pulling the covers over him, he stood to leave, but a hand grabbed his shirt. "Don't...go..." Peter mumbled sleepily.

Tony smiled fondly and laid next to Peter in the bed as the spider kid curled against his father's side. Tony ran his fingers through the kids hair and turned on the Christmas radio for quiet background noise. Peter was asleep in minutes, but Tony stayed awake much longer, reflecting on the day gone by, and all that had happened.

Tony looked outside the large glass window, snow was still falling, and there would definitely be a good amount by tomorrow. Suddenly he heard a soft knock at the door and turned to see Pepper. "Hey," she said quietly, sitting on the edge of the bed by him. "How are you doing?"

"Better. For once in a long while." He responded. Pepper smiled and ran her fingers through his hair a few times before kissing him gently.

"I just wanted to check on you. Goodnight Tony."

"Goodnight Pep."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was up first and rubbed his eyes. Looking around he saw himself laying next to Tony, Christmas music softly playing. He smiled, it was good to be back.

"Hey kid..." He heard someone mumble.

Peter looked up, "Oh hey Dad. Good morning."

"Mhmm..."

"Tony," Peter poker him, "wake up."

"Mhmm..." Tony sighed, "You're right..."

It took about five minutes to get him up but Peter finally succeeded. After making sure Peter would be fine on his own, with his still, very weak body, Tony went off to his own room to get ready. During breakfast Tony brought up a subject that had been on his mind since last night. "So Pete, I was thinking, since your muscles are so out of use, we could suit you with a pair of forearm crutches till you're stronger. You should also do some physical therapy."

"O-oh, yeah, you're probably right. Let's do that after breakfast."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter was slightly uncomfortable with the idea. He hated to be seen as weak by the Avengers, I mean, it was the Avengers after all. But after much convincing by Tony and Bruce, he was  finally ok with it.

"Wow, you made these pretty comfortable." Peter said as he walked around with his new crutches. There was a small piece that went around his lower bicep, and a  lower handle on each.

Tony smiled, "Glad you like them. Now go grab your coat and Spidey suit."

Peter looked at him, confused, "What? Why?"

"Because, I can't have my kid who can't thermoregulate outside in the cold picking out a Christmas tree. Plus your suit has a heater."

Peter grinned ear to ear, "Be back in a flash."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:
I was kind of lacking inspiration as to how to end this. Hope it's ok. Thanks for reading!
Lots of love,
Siri