PT TWO:

SoulMate
•???•

Wind blew past my face as I walked down the crack coated sidewalk. With my hands inside my jogger pockets I slowly trudged down the road, mindlessly. It was a 20 minute walk as we passed numerous neon light signs illuminating the pathway in front of me.

Coming to an eerie Street. I looked up at the sign making out the words 'Elmer street'. I huffed and cautiously looked around before we disappeared into the dark alley. The two noisy idiots walked inside a graffiti covered school with me not far behind them. Setting down our duffel bags getting ready to start today's practice.

-3 hours later-

Sweat dripped down from my forehead as I continued to pound my fist into the already punctured punching bag. I always came here when I was either stressed, angered, or if I needed to think. As of now I was just all the way fucked up. My anger couldn't dissolve no matter how many times I threw punches it only helped me earn blisters and bruises on my hands.

For me to end up here: an underground fighting arena; gives you a pretty good idea of how fucked up my life has been. I didn't believe in true love or soul mates because all I've ever known is that reality doesn't give a shit about a person's problems or if they've done good or wrong in life.

All  that matters is that the weak ones always end up suffering the most. Which is why every day after I wake up you'll find me here: a dingy looking training room. It wasn't like the building was unkempt, but since this used to be a school building it had a certain worn out look. Which makes the perfect scene for an illegal underground fighting arena.  The description fits perfectly.

I sat down on one of the gym benches, wiping away sweat with a cloth. It was dead quiet since I was the only one here at 5 in the morning.  I was sulking and filled with unwanted rage that couldn't reside even if I wanted too.

My anger wasn't evident by first glance, but a single glance at the training equipment and you would think a pack of wild wolves lived here. Almost half of all the training equipment was demolished or in poor conditions. Laying my head into my hands, helped me to calm those raging nerves.

The creak from the door opening was enough of a hint to know who had walked in. I kept my eyes glued to the floor as a pair of pure white air forces showed in my vision. Although, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. I had a feeling this person didn't care if I was or not in the mood to speak. They sighed heavily, before starting to speak. Her voice was familiar, it was that same silky, innocent aura beaming off her that caused my heart to clench.

At this time I began reapplying the bandage around my fist when a hand swiftly grabbed the roll from me. I snapped my head toward them, my mouth wide getting ready to yell.

Seeing her face caused my heart to drop instantly: Bags under her eyes,  frenzy hair, bloodshot eyes, and  her face was paler than usual. The beautiful Ivory color I loved so much was now three shades darker.

Seeing how I was the cause of her current state created a hole of guilt within my chest.
She held her hand out wanting me to take it. Her smile seemed to still glow regardless of her tired state. I smiled up at her morphing our hands into one allowing her to help me up.

"Let's go Elijah, everyone is concerned about you." She spoke softly while handing me the Nike gym bag off the ground. Keeping our hands linked together we both walked out the gym doors.

Walking in the direction of a pink Lamborghini brought a even bigger smile to my face. She never ceased to surprise me either...that's why she's my other half. My Soulmate.

~2 Months Earlier~

It was early April when he first laid eyes on her. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was given a special job by my father. He wanted to see how I would handle a group on my own. Sad to say I had to threaten a couple of them before they got their act together. We we're delivering a load of drugs to a client when there was this commotion.