3 - A new friend?

When art class ended and lunch time followed, Louis got his stuff and picked up Harry's sketch book. He left the classroom after a short talk to the teacher and he skipped happily to the lunch hall. He hoped finding Harry there, but he didn't see the curly haired boy. He decided on asking people if they saw him, but that didn't work out well too..

"Hello? Excuse me? Did you see Harry?" He asked a girl, but she didn't even respond.
"Uhm... Hello... Did you see Harry?" Louis asked someone else. They didn't reply too. As if Louis didn't exist.
Louis spent half of his lunch time searching Harry. Then he gave up went to a very appealing tree. The tree was big and old. The leafs were already getting brown, but it was amazing. Louis squealed and ran to it, wanting to take the spot before anyone else did. But then he stopped in his tracks. There was already sitting someone. A very familiar someone.

"H-Harry?" Louis tapped his shoulder carefully. "Do you mind if I sit here too? I-I also took your sketch book because you left it art class..." He quickly gave it to Harry. The curly haired boy muttered a simple 'thanks'.
"Lou, I need to have some time for myself... Go to Niall, the nerd kid. He's very nice and he'll keep you company."
"B-but..." Louis stuttered. Why was Harry being mean? A pout formed on his face, but he decided to leave Harry alone and search for Niall.

It didn't take long before he found the boy. There was some screaming and cheering in the hallway and Louis curiously walked to the sound. There was a bunch of people standing in a circle. They laughed, screamed and cheered because of something. Louis pushed through them to get a better view. The only problem was; the view only got worse. There was a small boy with dyed blond hair and a pair of glasses pushed on the floor and another kid was ready to punch the poor boy. Louis frowned and screamed.
"LEAVE HIM ALONE!"
The bully turned around and raised his eyebrow. 

"And who might you be?" he asked with a devillish smile. "Does little Niall Hoe-ran have a friend? Oh, that's so cute! Look, Hoe, you have a twink as a friend!"

Louis' eyes turned dark blue. This asshole named someone bad words and he dared to call him a twink? Louis wasn't having it. He stepped closer, locking his eyes to the - much taller - boy. He heard people gasp, but he didn't care. The blond, bleeding boy needed his help.

"First of all, I'm not a twink" Louis spat. "Second of all, my name is Louis Tomlinson and it's not very nice to meet you. And third, yes, Niall has a friend and a real friend helps. Do you have any friends? Clearly you don't, because if you did have them, they would've stopped you from hurting an innocent."

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" the boy shouted, but Louis knew he had hit a nerve. The boy's devillish smile turned into an insecure grin. "You better watch your mouth, Twinklinson, or I'll punch it shut."

Louis smiled and helped Niall up. "Oh don't worry about me. You better stop being the tough guy you're not and start finding a new hobby, because I can step to the principal and say you threatened me and you'll get suspended for the rest of the year. I don't think your old man would like that, so if you'll please leave Niall and me alone, nothing will happen. Now, have a nice day and I'll go to the cafetaria with my new friend Niall Horan."

Louis casually walked away with Niall, leaving everyone shocked and wondering how that tiny boy with the sketch book dared to talk to the bully like that. When he was out of their sight, he quickly turned to Niall, who was like everyone else gulping at Louis, but for a whole other reason.

"Y-You a-are my friend?"

The thick Irish accent made it a little hard for Louis to hear the boy, but when he understood what Niall asked, he nodded with a beautiful smile.

"Of course I'm your friend!" Louis smiled widely. "You seem really nice."

"Thank you" the boy blushed. "I'm Niall Horan. I'm 15 years old and I'm from Mullingar, Ireland. My parents moved here when I was 12. That explains the accent." The boy couldn't stop smiling, because he finally had a friend. After three years of being bullied, someone stood up for him and was nice to him. This blue eyed boy was special and he already knew they were going to be best friends forever.