6- Mixed feelings

Niall and Louis sat down on two empty seats in the bus. "Niall, did you know the Tower Bridge is the most famous bridge in England?" Louis chirped excitedly.
Niall smiled. Of course he knew but he didn't want to ruin te fun.
"Did not know that. Is it for real?"
"Yeah! It was built-" Louis was cut off by a deep voice.
"Of course it is, dumbass. Everyone knows that. You're deaf and dumb? Wow." It was Harry. Louis frowned and teared up. Why did Harry call him dumb? It was just a fact he read in his book. He was just excited to tell Niall about it. Was he really dumb? Mummy always said he was her smart little boy...

Niall saw the tear escaping from Louis' eyes and scoffed. "Styles, if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all. If you are smart enough to know everything about the Tower Bridge, you can tell us. Well. C'mon then?"

Louis' eyes went wide. Niall stood up for him? Why would he do that? And why isn't he afraid of Harry just like Louis?
"Who even gave you the right to talk to me, Horan?" Harry's voice sounded evil and dark and Louis was scared. Very scared.
"Ni, just let it go... He's not worth it..."
"I won't let anyone bully my friend because of his hearing or his excitement, Louis" Niall smiled and whiped the tear from Louis' cheek. "C'mon Lou. Let's not waste our time on that dick."
Louis quickly covered his ears. "Ni! You said a no-no word!"

Niall looked at Louis with a fond expression. He literally was the cutest boy alive and should be protected by all costs. That Harry jerk should back the fuck off. No one will touch or even come near Louis. Louis was a diamond in a vault that had to get the highest amount of protection and Niall was certainly going to give that protection to Louis. "Oops! I'm sorry Lou! Don't tell my mumma please! She'll kick my bum!"

Louis giggled. "I won't, Nini" he smiled and focussed on his book. "Niall look! The ferriswheel! I wanna go in there!"
Niall bit on his tongue. "I don't know if we'll go there Lou. Besides, it's really expensive as well..."

They were cut off by their teacher, who clapper his hands. "Ladies and gentlemen, now that we're all here I would like to tell you more about this trip. Whilst you're in London, you're going to do a project. I hope you all have your cellphones with you?" Louis bit his lip. His mummy gave him her cellphone because he didn't have one and in case he got lost, he could call her on her work phone.

The teacher continued. "Okay so what you're going to do, is simple. You're going to take a street in London, take lots of pictures and notes about how it looks. Then you're going to look for houses, shops or any building that has a story behind it. For example, number 10 Downing Street is the house of the prime minister. For ages that house has been used as a house for new prime ministers. When you've learned enough about the street and the buildings, you're going to make a sketch of how you think the street looked in a certain time."

Louis looked at Niall and squealed. He loved doing research and making pretty sketches. Niall was excited too. His favourite subject other than music class was history. Louis heard some people groan, but he thought it was just a bee.

The teacher scraped his throat. " Of course you won't go alone. We have made groups of three. Every group will get a map, binoculairs, a few pencils and a notebook" the teacher walked through the bus and handed out little bags whilst continuing. "In these bags you'll find the essentials. There's also a little lunch package. When it's 3PM everyone will be back in the bus so we can visit some musea together. Understood?"

There was some mumbling but Louis squealed excitedly. "Yes Sir! But what do we do with the sketches?"
The teacher smiled at Louis. "I was about to get to that part, Mister Tomlinson. Tomorrow when we're back at school, we're gonna use the whole day to build a mini London from the century you choose. You'll use the sketches to make it. Every detail must be visible. There should be happening something everywhere in the street. You can use clay, Playmobil, LEGO, cement, wood... Everything you can think of. Next week you'll hold a presentation of your Mini London in front of the class, supported with a powerpoint with the photos of London nowadays. I want you to describe the developments that London portrayed in the centuries between now and your time. You'll describe your findings and will be graded on the end product as well as the process."

Oh my gosh. That was the coolest project Louis had ever been given for history. He quickly opened the bag and saw who he had to work with. Niall and... Harry. Oh. That would be fun...

I'M ALIVE! WOW THIS HAS BEEN THE LONGEST BREAK I EVER TOOK. HOW ARE YOU MY SWEETS?