5 - A book, a flower and a candy addict

September quickly walked so October could run in. The sun became watery and slowly all the leafs were turning red. The wind became cold, the days became shorter and the school days became more horrible by the day.
It was now Saturday and Louis sat in the garden, reading a book about England's history. On Monday, his class would go on a field trip to London to visit some of the famous places and to learn about the history of a few buildings, such as the Big Ben, the Tower Bridge etcetera. Since Louis didn't know much about those buildings, he decided to go to the library and rent a book about them. When his mummy picked him up from school, he had asked her to drive to the library. His mummy doubted for a few seconds. She really couldn't afford a library card. Let alone the field trip. But the school had made an exception and the headmistress had payed for Louis. The lady in the library had said that if Louis promised to draw her in his sketch book, he could rent the book for free. And of course, Louis couldn't say no to that offer. After a quarter of an hour, he had made a perfect drawing of the lady and he was able to take the book with him.

And that's how he ended up reading in the frontyard. His mummy had gone to work and told Louis there was some soup in the fridge that he could warm up that night because she had a late shift and couldn't make dinner. Louis of course didn't mind. He knew his mummy was stressed out and he really didn't want to be more trouble than he already was. His hearing problem had caused his mummy to spend all her savings on the best devices she could find. Louis felt horrible because of that, so he promised to make his mummy a pretty painting.

It was 3pm and Louis had finished his homework. It was the last day before the rain season started - according to the weather man on channel 2 - so Louis had decided to stay out of his room for once and go outside. The flowers in the garden were dying and it made Louis sad to see it, but he knew they would be back in April so he didn't pay much attention to it. He just opened his book and started reading, occassionally sipping his lemonade.

After an hour the boy magically awakened out of his statue. He had sat there, lost in his own world and reading the book, but now he couldn't focus. There was so much sound around him. Birds were tjirping, cars drove past the house, the mail man greeted him, the neighbour's dog barked like crazy and sometimes he could even hear his own breathing. He was surprised because normally, he wouldn't be able to hear this. Was his hearing getting better? He didn't know. His next appointment wouldn't be soon, so he wouldn't find out.

After a while of trying to gain his focus back again, Louis decided to give up and just think of his art project. He had tons of ideas, but none of them were really cool or extraordinary. He wanted to make something special. He just couldn't decide what. He took his sketch book - which was already filled for twentyfive percent - and looked at the flowers. Could flowers make sounds? He didn't know. He never heard it. But if they did, how would they sound? As sweet as how they smell? Or sharp like the rose's thorns? Or would they all sound different? Just like every person was different? If every human would be a flower, which one would they be?

That question occupied Louis for the rest of the noon. He ran inside and took his flower encyclopedia. He decided that would be a fun idea for his art project. Painting people as flowers. He quickly wrote it down in his sketch book. He went back outside and studied the hydrangea. He drew every detail and then made a little text box. He searched for the flower in his encyclopedia and read what the flower meant.

The flower stands for gratitude, grace and beauty. She also radiates abundance. That's because of the exuberant amount of little flowers and the royal, round shale. The colors symbolize love, harmony

Louis thought for a while. Who would he describe as a hydrangea? Maybe Niall. Niall was a very grateful person. He strived for peace and harmony and loves everything in life. Yeah, maybe he's a hydrangea.

Louis continued reading about flowers and connecting them to people. Soon it became dark and he had to go inside. He decided to take a warm shower and hop into bed with his soup, leaving a note for his mummy saying he loves her.

He spent his whole weekend reading his London book and drawing flowers. Soon enough, his mummy woke him up again at 6 am. He had to go to school again, but this day was special. He was going to London! For the very first time! He was way too excited. He finished dressing up in two minuts, had breakfast with his mummy and then walked to school. Of course after he told mummy he loved her and promised her to be safe.

It was 7 am when he arrived at school. They had to be early because it was a long drive. Of course Louis was the first one to arrive and he sat down on a bench, reading his London book again. After ten minuts, a shadow fell over his book. He looked up and saw Niall.

"Loubear! Are you readddyyyy?" He grinned.
"Yes! I'm proper excited" Louis answered and grinned too. "Have you ever been to London?"
"One time. I didn't really see the city, but I guess it was nice."
"Did you bring enough candy?"
"Well" Niall pulled a pained face. "I have enough for an hour..."
Louis laughed.
"C'mon! Let's get our seats in the bus!"