Kekkon

In Vino Veritas:

Chapter 12:

Half an hour later, after a change of clothes and a cup of tea, Maaya walked out of the ryokan to the pond outside where the narcissist was waiting for her. The light wind was rustling through his hair and he was staring at the water with a pensive expression on his face. He turned around to face her as she approached.

"I have something to tell you," he said eventually.

"What is it?"

For a moment she could have sworn that a nervous expression passed over his face.

He tenderly laid a hand on her cheek.

"I love you, Mai. I'm the father of your child," he said and touched his lips to hers which were unyielding, then she softened and he deepened the kiss by probing her mouth with his tongue. Their tongues met and Naru kissed her more ferociously as he twisted his hands into her hair and her arms wrapped around her shoulders.

Eventually they parted for breath. Naru looked down at the girl in his arms who had her face hidden in his chest.

"Do you remember now?" he asked, hoping that she did, otherwise he would have some awkward questions to answer.

He felt her nod against him and he smiled.

"Mai, look at me," he ordered.

She looked up at him with an incandescent red face and Naru found himself admitting that she was cute. What had she done to him?

"Naru, you don't remember that night, do you?" she said and looked down again.

The narcissist began to get a bad feeling. "By any chance, do you?"

"Only a few parts. You were... very assertive and said and did things that were very unlike you. Some of it was in English."

He began to feel concerned. What on earth had he said to Mai when he was drunk?

"You told me that you had wanted to do things to me since you first met me," she whispered to the shocked scientist.

He buried his face in her hair. If he claimed that it had been the alcohol talking... she would hate him forever and as Lin had said, "In Vino Veritas"...

"It's true, I never dwelled on it thought. Remember I was a healthy 17 year old boy and you wore a lot of short skirts..."

She stared up at him again and blushed. He tightened his arms around her.

A shout of "Jou-chan" interrupted their moment. The pair turned to see everyone from SPR walking towards them. Naru released Mai and waited for the onslaught from everyone who seemed to harbour protective feelings for Mai which was something he could understand.

"Jou-chan! Do you remember me!?" the monk wailed as he enveloped Mai into his arms.

"Bou-san... can't breathe," she choked.

"Bou-san, let her go so she can breathe," Naru sighed.

The monk relinquished his hold. "I'm just glad that you are back. The old lady priestess was getting scary."

Ayako hit him around the head with her fist. "It's good to see you Mai."

Yasuhara wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "So... how did Naru make you get your memories back? I have heard that the body has memories that are never forgotten... Did you use that?"

Mai's blush and Naru's smirk provided the answer.

"I'm never going to call you Naru-chan again! Instead I'm going to call you pervert, pervert!" Bou-san shouted tearfully. "I can't believe you did that to my Mai."