What? ~2~

Elphaba's POV

I turned around in horror of what I just heard. I screamed and retracted my hand as I took a few steps back in shock. I started to feel my face greenify as I looked back at Nessa. "What?" Glinda retorted. I felt my face heating up as I put my cold hand against my cheek. Was I blushing? No no no no no no no no no no no no. I can't get feelings for one of my peers, let alone my roommate. All of these thoughts swirled around my head until I saw Madame Morrible talking with my sister. They were talking about how she was going to stay in Madame Morrible's private room. "But I'm supposed to look after my sister," "Elphaba," Nessa protested while giving me a stern look. Before I knew it, Madame Morrible was taking my sister and my eyes suddenly darted over to them. "Wait no!" I screamed. "Children to your dormitories!" She proclaimed when I totally lost it. "LET HER GO!" I screamed while dropping my case of possessions and waving my arms to the side. I opened my eyes and screamed as I saw everyone back off in terror as gasps and squeals filled the space. Nessa's chair was ripped from Madame Morrible's hands while Nessa covered her mouth. "Elphaba you told me things would be different," She said while I braced myself as her chair handles slid into my hands. "Here," She said while lowering her voice. "How did you do that?" Madame Morrible said as I closed my eyes. "How did she do that?" I heard as I recognized the high-pitched voice of my new roommate. I tried to explain everything about how I would try to control myself. She told me not to apologize and that she would enroll me in her sorcery seminar. It surprised me but she also said that I could possibly meet the Wizard. THE. WIZARD. THE WIZARD OF OZ. In this moment I knew I would finally never be an outcast. He could de-greenify me and I would a celebration through out Oz that's all to do with me! I couldn't believe it. I went back to the dorm after everything set in and started unpacking my plain wardrobe. I looked over in Galinda's direction and at her huge pile of clothes. I looked in the corner next to the window and saw a huge rack of shoes, and not surprisingly, all of them were heels. I rolled my eyes and put the rest my things away before sitting at my desk. I began to take out my pile of papers while I grabbed my quill and started writing. 'My Dear Father,' I started to write until I heard the door being unlocked. I saw a flash of golden hair out of the corner of my eye and felt my head greenify. What was this feeling? I've surely felt it before right? I looked over my shoulder and saw her sit down across the room at her pink desk. It was my roommate, Galinda. It was just my roommate, Galinda. Right? I kept looking over at her while trying to get my letter done for father. I decided to go to the forest to unwind and focus on my new book. But I couldn't. I was too occupied looking at the perfection I was able to call my roommate. She wasn't just pretty, she wasn't just beautiful, she was... Drop. Dead. Gorgeous. I couldn't help but sit on my bed while peering over the edges of the pages. While I watched as Galinda started writing in her notebook, I looked at the giant clock in the courtyard. "Oh Dear Oz," I mumbled. It was almost time to go to my first class, History. I started to leave as I saw Galinda follow behind me. Galinda started talking to her friends on the way, mumbling about me. I started to speed walk before I started hearing more and more voices behind me. I turned around to see that Galinda had gained a crowd around her. Then, they started glaring at me. They put Galinda on their shoulders and started parading towards the history building... and me. I didn't flinch, I was just standing still. They ran in uniform stance around me, particularly paying attention to flash me a disgusted look when they passed me. I knew that our friendship would probably never be mutual, including the fact that I was head over heels for her. I rolled my eyes and exhaled, and picked up my pace as I walked the rest of the way to the history building.

Galinda's POV

I only gave a couple of glances to my new roommate before my friends carried me to the history building. Even knowing that she was horribly out of fashion, I felt that she was probably uncomfortable in that situation. But I couldn't show it, then I would loose my popularity. We waltzed into the history room, and my friends took me off their shoulders. I thanked them and bowed playfully. I was standing in front of the doorway, and just talking to Shen Shen. Then, I got the odd sense that someone was watching me. "BOO!" A voice said, which was followed by a  small chuckle after I screamed and flinched back. It was my roommate. I rolled my eyes and slightly glared at her, and I saw her look a little shocked, with a hint of sorry written across her face. Suddenly, the professor called us in. I sat down next to Pfanee and Shen Shen. I heard the Professor introduce his name, and then started calling role. "Glinda?" He said while looking around the room. "It's GAlinda. With a GA." I announced. "Oh of course," He said. "Miss GHHHHlinda." He said as I flinched back. We continued to argue before my roommate stepped in. "Well it seems the artichoke is steamed," I said while cocking an eyebrow and looking at my friends. Giggles echoed throughout the classroom and my breath got stuck in my throat. I had realized I had hurt my roommate for the soul purpose of popularity. Dr. Dillamond soon quieted down the flame before I saw Elphaba sit down quietly. I soon felt my heart punch into my throat and my breath hitched. I felt really bad. I never felt like this before. I ignored it and continued with the class. It was a slow class, but I was impressed at how knowledgeable my roommate was. She knew practically every answer to every question, and I wondered if I could be tutored by her. The rest of the day went by slowly, and I was sad I didn't have a sorcery seminar. I returned to my dorm to see that Elphaba was already there. She didn't make eye contact with me at all, but I knew her silent treatment was working well. I sighed and grabbed my purse before leaving to go have fun with my friends.

A/N: Hey there! It's been a hot minute, hasn't it? Sorry I haven't been posting, school is hitting hard! But I promise I'll work harder to publish more chapters for you! Thank you for reading! Love, Jäger.