Stupid ~5~

Elphaba's POV

I stared in horror and confusion about what's going on. I looked around desperately for help, and I saw Galinda run in. "Elphie come on!" She screamed while I grabbed the lion's cage. We ran outside and into a poppy field nearby. I sat down the cage in the grass and uncovered the cage from the black sheet. "It's little heart is pounding... I didn't mean to frighten him..." I said quietly as Galinda sat next to me, looking at the lion. "It's okay Elphie, it was just a mistake," Galinda replied, while marveling at it. "We need to put it someplace safe," I said while looking into Galinda's beautiful eyes. I thought back to that brisk but passionate kiss we shared last night. We locked eyes until I got caught off guard and tried to focus on the lion. "We can release it into the forest, he'll be safe there," Galinda suggested. I nodded and we headed off into the forest. We released it, giving it a small pat on the head before it ran off into the foliage. "Thanks for helping me back there," I said while giving Galinda a hug. "Of course, Elphie," Galinda replied while wrapping her arms around my waist.

Galinda's POV

"Girls?" I heard a voice from behind me. "Fiyero!" I shouted in glee, hugging him. I looked back at Elphie, who had a hint of sadness in her eyes. "Uhm- Elphaba?" He asks while looking over at her. "Yes?" She replied, with a stern look on her face. "Can I talk to you alone, for a moment?" He asked while squeezing my hand. "I- uh- sure?" She replies, just as confused as I am. She walked over towards him, and they walked a few feet away, where I couldn't hear.

Elphaba's POV

"What do you want?" I ask, slightly glaring at him. "I- I just wanted to apologize for last night," He says. "You better," I said, while glaring daggers at him. "Do you understand how wasted she got?! And you didn't do anything!" I argued. "I had to go elsewhere!" He replied sternly. "To your dumb carriage driver friend?" I sneered. "You know- you should really apologize to her, you know?" I say while making intense eye contact with him. "I will!" He continued. "You think I'm really stupid, don't you?" He mocked. "No, not really stupid. Just incredibly dumb," I said before scoffing at him. "Listen," He said while putting a hand on my waist. "I just, I think I like you?" He said quietly. "YOU WHAT-" I asked before he covered my mouth with his hand. "Shh!" He says while slowly lowering his hand. "YOU-" I exclaimed again as he pressed his lips against mine. My breath hitched in shock and slight disgust as I froze. After what felt like forever, he finally stopped kissing me. "Fiyero, I..." I whispered as he rushed away into the forest. I slowly walked over to Galinda as she looked at me normally. She was distracted while practicing with her training wand. "Well, Fiyero left," I explained. "Oh, okay. What'd he tell you?" She asked while we walked out of the forest. "Oh, nothing much," I lied while my veins were still going haywire with adrenaline. We walked out of the forest, making small talk.

Galinda's POV

I knew something was up with Elphie. Why would Fiyero want to talk to her without me? Elphie definitely didn't seem right. She wasn't herself, especially after she talked to Fiyero. We walked into our dorms and took a break before we had to go to Madame Morrible's seminar. Elphie went to the class earlier than I did, but I was freshening up my make up before I made it to the classroom. I sat next to Elphaba, who was reading. "Hey, Elphie," I asked, still wondering if she was okay. "Are you alright? You're not acting like... yourself." "I'm fine, thank you though," Elphie replied. That made me sure that something was definitely wrong. After she saved me last night, I needed to do something to help. "Would you like to go to the cafe after class?" I asked while placing my hand on hers. "Sure, thank you," She said with a smile. During the class, it was quite uneventful, mostly learning about how to hone power, and casting wandless spells. After it ended, I looked at Elphie, and I took her hand in mine. We walked towards the cafe and sat down for a meal. Elphie didn't talk a lot, which I assumed was normal for her. I didn't want to push her, because whatever was bothering her was probably a lot to deal with. We had a little small talk before our food arrived, and I got lost in her beautiful eyes. They stood out from her average emerald hue, her black hair framing her delicate features. Once we finished, we paid for our food and walked outside. Fiyero was there, and I decided to run up to him. "Fiyero!" I said cheerfully while running up to him. "Hey Galinda," He said in a very noticeable monotone voice. Elphaba was already walking away by then, and I wanted to follow her. "Galinda," Fiyero said while following me. "Elphaba and I have some news," He said, clearly catching Elphie's attention. "Elphaba and I..." He said while grabbing Elphie's hand. "We're... dating," He explained blatantly. I was shocked. I could tell that Elphie was trying to say something, but I was deafened by the news I just heard. I pushed through the two of them, running towards the dorm. I could barely see because of the tears welling up in my eyes, and I immediately went to Pfanee and Shen Shen. I told them everything. Every single detail. Perhaps that's why Fiyero talked to Elphie in the woods. They both just wanted to confess their undying love for each other while I was distracted.

Elphaba's POV

I tried to tell Galinda that it wasn't true. I begged for her to talk to me. But she just ran away. I tried chasing after her, but Fiyero grabbed my hand and pulled me in by the waist. "What've you done?!" I scream, slapping him across the face. I tried to bolt towards the dorm, but he caught my arm first. "Elphaba!" He said while staring at me. "Listen, either you love me, or you learn to love me," He explains quietly. "I know your kryptonite," He said while pointing to the fountain in the middle of campus. I nodded quietly and sadly, looking anywhere but at his face. I knew one thing though, and that was that I'd never love Fiyero. Not in a million years. Never.

Galinda's POV

I stayed at Pfanee's and Shen Shen's dorm suite that night. I couldn't stand to look at Elphie. Both of the people I loved the most were gone from my grasp in a matter of minutes. I experienced so many emotions in such a short amount of time. But the one most prominent to me was anger. Something I had little experience with until now. They had only known each other for less than a month! How could they all of a sudden, start dating? I mean, I started dating him the day I met him, but that's unimportant. I remember seeing something when Fiyero told me the horrifying news. I remember seeing Elphie mouth some words to me, with a hint of concernified on her face. I knew I would have to get the real Elphie back, Fiyero or not. I had to. I loved her.

A/N: Phew, another chapter done! Thank you all for reading, and I will try to get the next chapter out sooner than I did this one. Love you all!