Illegal : knj

Commissioned by illegirl80

Poet!NamjoonxReader

⚠️Warnings for: smut, hair pulling, sex in a hot tub

"That was exhausting," you groaned to yourself as you shoved through the door of your hotel room, towing your presentation case behind you. You had to fight with it for a second when it got caught in the door and by the time you got it through you were ready to throw it across the room. After three presentations at three different companies in this city you really needed to unwind. Your plan was to start with the hotel gym, then hit the pool to cool off, and then the bar. So you changed out of your business clothes and into workout gear, stuffed your suit in a bag and headed out of the room.

You were jogging on a treadmill, ponytail bouncing against your back, earphones blasting when you saw movement out of the corner of your eye. You glanced over to see a tall, tan skinned man with platinum blond hair getting onto an elliptical nearby. He wore shorts and an athletic T-shirt stretched tightly across his chest and looked vaguely familiar for some reason, but you glanced away quickly, refocusing.

When your run was complete you stepped into the locker rooms to change and headed out to the pool area in your suit. It was mostly empty, just a couple of guys chilling in the shallow end, speaking loudly to each other in a language you didn't catch, but didn't think was English. One of them said something and then burst into laughter and the other's eyes widened before he shouted and splashed water at him.

You mostly ignored them, although you couldn't stop your eyes from sliding appreciatively over their toned torsos before you dove into the deep end of the pool. You swam a few laps and then stopped to breathe, leaning against the side. The door to the pool area opened but you didn't look over, just minding your business.

"Namjoon ah!" One of the men called. Your ear perked because you had heard that name before. You stole a glance at them to see the man from the elliptical strolling toward the pool in the direction of the others. He had an easy smile on his face and his shirt was now gone, the sight making your lips part and cheeks heat. His eyes cut to you and you looked away quickly. He replied to the men and you finally recognized the language - and then realization hit you full on.

Oh my god it's Kim Namjoon, you thought, staring into the water in front of you. You made yourself take a deep breath and then dive back under briefly, swimming a few more laps with your head spinning thoughts. Kim Namjoon, better known by his pen name, RM, was a Korean poet. You knew this because you had stumbled onto his work in grad school, and then fallen deep into the rabbit hole.

You owned all his published works and you had watched videos of him doing readings. The poems were often half English half Korean and the translations always resonated with you. And he was here? Not just in your country but in this city, in this hotel, at the same moment as you. You surfaced from the water, hearing the sounds of the three men talking and splashing as you climbed out of the pool. You stole another glance at them over your shoulder as you left the area - wanting to give them some privacy and also keep yourself from freaking out - but when you saw him looking after you as you walked away, you had to press a hand to your chest.

You moved to the secluded hot tub area, and stuck a foot in the water, hissing at the temperature but continuing to wade in anyway. The room was clouded with steam and you couldn't hear anything from the pool area over the jets blowing in the water. You sank down and let yourself relax, your arms draped over the sides of the tub. You heard footsteps after a few moments and let your eyes snap open. It was him.