6... The Confrontation

Sorry if my chapters were a bit short and cause I had exams I haven't been able to update. This chapter kicks the story off and is longer than other chapters. Thanks for reading. Have fun
:)

As Jake trudged into school the next day, all he could think was what had happened to James McAllistair. His eyes were weary and his head dropped low, only his hoodie protecting him from the sharp cold, and the harsh realities of life. The school courtyard was damp and the fog hung low. The dew was seeping into the cracks in the paved walls, giving way to the moss that grew there.
He walked through the back doors, and into the corridors. He slowly made his way to the classroom before the morning rush of people kicked in. He reached there, only to find Sarah waiting patiently. She had a copy of a romance novel in her hand, and read it intently. "Who reads such shit anyway" muttered Jake as he walked to his desk. He was answered by the morning bell and the hoard of students who walked into the classroom.
The first half of the day was rather eventful. Ms. Beckett found a dead cockroach under the desk and in her hurry to run away, and ran into the fish tank. She had to call in hurt and found her rightful place in the nurses office. Not to forget that Tyler almost set a chemistry lab table on fire. Although the first half of the day passed soon, the second half was there to stay. The long boring hours of AP Maths and Religion bored Jake out of his wits. He seemed pretty frazled up and rather hesitent to show any real signs of emotions or feeling. Unlike usually, he sheldom found comfort in Sarah's smile, during the course of the day. Soon it was time for lunch, and *surprise surprise* there was the usual pile of 'God Knows What' ;which looked like regurgitated dog vomit, as usual... Soon, it was time for the school bell to do the honors of ending the school day; after what seemed like forever.
Jake walked up to the terrace after school, where James usually hung out after school with his gang. Forgot to mention that it consisted of self-obsessed, morons who think they're too cool. That was getting a little bit off topic... But as Jake walked up there, he saw the lone silhouette leaning against the wall, sitting on the banister. A fall from there and you can break your back for good. But Jake guessed the guy liked living on the edge.
Without looking back, James spoke these distinct words, and the very question that had etched itself in Jake's mind since the previous night, "Why are you back, especially after all these years?"
He got up and it was almost like he was going to hug Jake. All of a sudden, Jake was punched in the stomach. Jake crashed to the ground, winded and clutching his stomach with agony and pain. He let out a grunt of discomfort, before a kick from James found his back.
Why did u come back for me after all these years. Didn't give a shit huh? I thought you were my brother. I should have known.
As Jake groaned in agony, James relentlessly punched his face. Blood came spurting out of his nose, and large scars adorned Jake's face.
James stopped for a second, which gave room for Jake to stand up and regain his balance. He fended away the rest of the blows until, they had reached the edge of the banister, and the vast drop to the ground made Jake feel feintish. As he blocked one of Jame's punches, he pushed James away, causing him to lose balance.
James was leaning in a precarious position until then and that was all that he needed to tip over the edge.
He fell down, hopelessly flailing his arms and legs trying to get a hold of anything that would stop his fall. Much to his dismay, he found nothing. He just fell from the terrace, with the fall looming upon him.