just like a movie

present day
30/10/2019
22:45pm

everyone gathered round for the movie, snacks on the table, curtains were drawn and not a sound was heard except for the disc sliding into the player.
braeden took his seat next to you and you looked at him, smiling, he returned the smile as he sat back and pressing play.
once snapping out of the trance, you looked forward at the movie, not looking forward to what was to come.
not being much of a fan of horror movies and being scared of almost everything was not ideal but you was surrounded by your best friends and braeden.
the only light was being projected by the television, not much but still enough to see the facial expression of the person closest.

one hour and 40 minutes later

you didn't like that one bit, by the end of the movie you wasn't even looking at the screen, you cuddled up to braeden like he was a teddy bear, he didn't mind it. you can remember throughout the film, his voice calming you and him wrapping his arms around you to protect you, you felt safe in his embrace. kaitlyn got up to turn the lights on, causing you to distance yourself from braeden and your eyes to creased at the bright light.
"did you enjoy that, y/n?" braeden whispered
you stared at him with a straight face but quickly exchanging it for a laugh.
the brunette then looked at you, "hey, do you want to come to a halloween party tomorrow?"
after thinking for a second, you nodded
"what time does it start?"
"6pm but we can go at 7 because i know you like waiting for trick or treaters"
you smiled again and nodded
"pick you up at 7 tomorrow?" braeden asked, gleaming
"ok, who else is going?"
"everyone here, but i have to pick kaitlyn up first and then cole and payton"
you smiled and nodded, checking the time.
"hey i have to go now" you shouted, everyone came up to you and said their goodbyes.
you grabbed your jacket and headed towards the door, with braeden following.
he opened the door and stepped out with you, closing the door after him and walking up to your car.
as you went to open your car door, you felt his arms wrap around your waist, you put your arms around his neck and hugged him tighter, smiling softly
"bye, braeden" you whispered as you let go, he waved and walked back into the house.
what just happened? you thought to yourself on your drive home.

heY, this chapter sucked but i hope you enjoy this story which i will probably forget about in a few daysssss
- ellie ((: