drunk on halloween

braeden parked up, walking round to open the doors for y/n and kaitlyn, earning a thank you and a smile from both of them. cole opened the other door and hopped out the other side, helping payton get out, closing the door behind him.
y/n stood beside braeden, looking around for gen's car, however she couldn't find it.

they all made their way to the halloween themed building, banners, balloons, skulls, pumpkins and music made the outside more ominous than usual.
clutching onto braeden, y/n examined her surroundings, flinching at the dangling skeletons,
"hey, it's alright. i'm here" braeden cooed, holding her hand in his own, y/n relaxing instantly.

once inside, dylan noticed braeden and made his way over, hand on his swaying hips.
"hey darlings" dylan spoke, doing his best impersonation of freddie mercury.
y/n laughed, but braeden was confused.
"why are you dressed as freddie mercury?" braeden asked, concerned.
"because the plan was to dress up as queen in the 'i want to break free' video" dylan chuckled.
"what are you supposed to be?" dylan continued.
"john lennon." braeden admitted, slowly
"construction worker, john lennon" he repeated, even slower.
dylan laughed, y/n joined in and braeden finally joined the laughter.
"come on, you two" dylan said as he led y/n and braeden to the others.

upon arrival, everyone but gen had drinks in their hand, but they all laughed once noticing y/n and braeden. y/n ran over to her sidekick, mermaid man, giggling.
y/n noticed neon yellow in the corner of her eye, she looked and noticed he was looking at her, smiling.
y/n returned the smile and looked back at lydia.

2 hours later
10:27pm

y/n sat at the bar, drinking her second cider, despite everything slowly becoming blurry, y/n could still see rather clearly. she looked over towards the dance floor, there was a swarm of girls with their phones out, faint shouting was heard from her distance. y/n decided to check it out. the closer she got, the shouting became clearer:
"whoo braeden!"
"go braeden"
"i love you braeden!"
jealously stuck y/n but mainly concern,
'is he ok? what is he doing? is he with anyone?'

y/n charged through the crowd of girls, earning some insults from a few, she noticed he was having fun, dancing, cheering, smiling. but she had to get him out of there, y/n reached forward and placed her hand on braeden's shoulder. braeden immediately looked up at her, his smile turning into a frown, a frown of confusion and also concern.
y/n muttered,
"come on, braeden"
he did as instructed and followed her outside.

helping him into the car, braeden sat there, silently. y/n did his seatbelt, but she then felt a soft tug on her shirt, he pulled her so they were face to face. braeden gazed into her eyes and then glanced down at her lips, y/n kept her shimmering eyes on his. she then remembered,
'he's drunk, he's only doing this because he is drunk'
she pulled away, with a hint of regret, braeden sunk deeper into his passenger seat.

the consequences of driving someone else's car, somewhat drunk passed through her mind but simply said,
"fuck it" and proceeded anyway.

15 minutes later

y/n pulled up outside her house, letting out a sigh of relief. she glanced over to the drunk braeden, who stared out of the windscreen like a lost puppy.
y/n got out of the car, and made her way round to braeden, opening the door and assisting him.
they made it to the door and y/n unlocked it, walking in and placing braeden on her couch softly.
he remained there until y/n came back after 10 minutes.
picking him up again to the best of her ability, she made her way into the bedroom and allowed him to sit on her bed, taking off his jacket and his shoes for him.
y/n made her way back into the living room and turned off all the lights, she went into her cupboards and searched for some pyjamas, once dressed y/n sat on the extra bed she set up for herself.
y/n got comfy, pulling the white covers over herself, closing her eyes.

"y/nnnn" braeden said sleepily, extenuating the last letters of her name,
"y/n?" he repeated, becoming loader
"where are you?" he sounded concerned.
y/n poked her head up,
"braeden, i'm here" trying to be reassuring from the bottom of braeden's bed.
"come here, i need you" he practically begged.
y/n cautiously made her way to her bed,
"i'm here" she whispered, leaning over to stroke his hair, but she was pulled down by braeden.
face to face again, braeden smiled.
the brunette wrapped his arms around y/n, cuddling her, he rested his head in the crook of y/n's neck, she could feel him smiling still, she joined him.
"goodnight, braeden" she whispered as they both fell asleep in each other's arms.
it felt perfect.
it felt natural.

this is a super long chapter, sorry!
thank you yasmine and the wallersnation gc who helped me with the last couple chapters (,:
- ellie