sidelines

lydia came round to help you with the trick or treaters, the both of you decided to go as mermaid man and barnacle boy this year, none of you had any idea what the others were dressed as and you both couldn't wait.
but for now, you both had to wait for the children.

once collecting the sweet treats from the fridge and the candy, you both stood by the door. the door rang for the first time almost instantly, you both opened it and smiled at the choir of 'trick or treat's

1 hour later

both gen and braeden pulled up as lydia headed out, lydia waved at braeden and kaitlyn, who sat patiently in the front seat. they all exchanged laughs as they saw each others costumes. lydia exchanged her bright pink slippers for trainers, she said he goodbyes and walked off to gen's car, which was parked further back.
braeden pulled out his phone and messaged y/n.

braeden🤠:
hey, i'm outside (:

y/n:
ok, i'll be out in a minute :)

y/n picked up her jacket, which was lying on her white, cushioned couch and wrapped it around her red shoulders, minding her sailor cap placed loosely on her head. picking up her bag, which held all of her necessities, she made her way to the door whilst switching off all the lights. she then opened her front door, coming face to face with braeden in his fluorescent yellow jacket and glasses similar to john lennon's. looking him up and down, you burst out laughing, wrapping your arms around him.
"a construction worker? how scary!" you look up at him, the two of you smiling wide.
"actually i'm john lennon and this old thing"
he started, signalling to the neon yellow coloured jacket, "i just found it lying around, thought i could stand out more" braeden finished, looking proud with his outfit.
you let go with the same wide smile and you both made your way to his car, lydia had already left so you couldn't show off your iconic outfits together just yet. braeden opened his car door, allowing you to step inside and get ready for the ride ahead.
not too long after picking y/n up, braeden arrived at cole's house, braeden texted him to let him know we were outside. after 5 minutes, they came out.
cole was the first one we saw, wearing a pink satin dress with rollers in his hair, followed by payton who dressed as an angel, they held hands and made their way down cole's steps.
y/n leaned forward to braeden,
"are you sure you're all meant to be john lennon?"
braeden remained silent, crossing his arms.
a chuckle was heard from both kaitlyn and y/n, braeden didn't say a word.
cole and payton made their way towards braeden's car, noticing braeden's outfit, both trying to conceal their laughs. once in the car, they giggled to themselves. payton whispered to y/n, trying not to laugh,
"he was meant to be john deacon, why is he dressed as a construction worker?"
braeden ignored the muttering and started to drive, looking into the mirror and examining y/n, smiling softly.

this is awful, but i hope y'all like it so far!!