Chapter 4 - A Strange Place To Call Home

As I Arrived at the village I stopped in a state of shock. What I saw was a disgrace of my kind they grabbed them, throwing them on the ground after cuffing them neck to hands to feet. Telling them to stay until and given orders. I saw my mum being hit and tided up blood dripping from her all over her body. I couldn't stand the sight.

"MUM!" I shouted at the top of my lungs running towards her. She heard me and shouted "Manere retrorsum!" while tears rolled down her face but I ignored her and kept running. The soldiers looked but couldn't yet see me, as I reached the last tree before the village I got pulled back "Let me go!" I screamed as I struggled to get free.

As a hand covered my mouth and said "shhh" I looked back and it was Doris and all I could do was burst out in tears. One of the soldiers started to head towards this way but couldn't see anything so he retreated. Doris sighed and slowly released her hand from my mouth and said furiously "What was you thinking? You could have gotten hurt!"

"I'm sorry" I said while looking to the ground then looking back up "But I have to help them" I got up and went to walk away back to the village but Doris grabbed my hand and I turned to look back at her saying "Let go!" my voice turned emotionless and my blood started to boil.

Doris had a scared look on her face and let go quickly. I turned away once again, Doris said "You want to help your mum, right?"

I turned back to her pleading "Yes, more then anything" as tears rushed down my face

"Then don't go" Doris said while standing

"What then how? ho-"

Doris interrupted me "Your Mother would want you to be safe and you'll get in the way and your mum will get more hurt if you go to save her now because she'll be focused on keeping you safe so she won't care about her own life" she froze after saying that "I'm Sorry" she said while looking sad "I didn't mean t-"

I interrupted her "No It's okay" I said because I knew what she meant by that because something like this has happened before "But at least let her see me so she knows i'm safe, we may not be related by blood but she's the closest thing I have to a family"

Doris nodded while tears dripped from her face "Follow me and stay close" she said to me why bending down to crouch and walk as we reached the building near my mum I whispered to her from a bush "Mum".

she turned to the bush and said to Doris "Look after him, please make no harm come to him"

Doris replied "Yes, I will" with a smile of reassurance.

Then my mum then turned to me and said "Filium meum. Quia nunc vale, sed non in perpetuum. Ego promitto tibi ut iterum autem videbo vos."

I replied while trying to hold back the tears "Ego te expectabo mum. te amo"

As a solider came and grabbed her to put her in a cage she shouted "Ne obliviscaris, te amo"

I was about to shout back but I knew it wouldn't be right so I just nodded and headed back with Doris. I was kicking the ground as I walked around. However, Doris grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the house quickly and shouted "Hide, now!"

I was shocked so she just pushed me into the spare room and told me to be quite and not make a sound no matter what.

* "Manere retrorsum!" - "Stay Back!"*

*"Filium meum. Quia nunc vale, sed non in perpetuum. Ego promitto tibi ut iterum autem videbo vos." - "My son. Goodbye for now, but not forever. I promise you that we will see you again."*

*"Ego te expectabo mum. te amo" - "I'll wait for you mum. I love you"

*"Ne obliviscaris, te amo" - "Do not forget. I love you"*