- Eleven: Reina -

- Eleven: Reina -

Out of instinct I clasped the outstretched hand and the woman, Reina, pulled me up effortlessly. A perk of being a Werecat was boarder-line Superman strength.

"Welcome to the Hub." Reina repeated, tossing me a warm smile and gesturing to the massive capsule around us.

My mind was racing, trying to make sense of my surroundings and the situation. I whirled around as I heard the thud that signaled another person had arrived via the sucky tube.

Dom locked eyes with me and crumbled to his knees muttering, "I'll never get used to that."

I remembered then that Dom was a Ri, meaning he was third in command of our old leap. He must have come to the Hub with Eran in the past.

"Once a year," he clarified as I helped him to his feet, "required convocation."

"Dominique." Reina nodded reverently as the two noticed each other's presence.

"Head." Dom replied obediently.

"Oh, please." Reina said, chuckling charmingly and gesturing off Dom's formality, "Call me Reina."

"Okay, Reina," I heard Nick's voice come from behind us as he approached from the tube, "mind having the cuffs removed?"

Reina, first smiling, glanced at the affinity-proof hand cuffs that still bounded all of our wrists. She did a double take, shouting, "Goodness!"
And with a wave of her hand the cuffs fell to the ground, disintegrating into piles of brown mush. "I had no idea you would be treated so fiercely." She continued, exasperated.

"You can blame your goon Scar for the fierceness." Nick growled.

"I will certainly have a word with Scar about his behavior. I asked that he retrieve you painlessly and only if you complied." Reina said.

"Ha!" I couldn't keep the laugh from my throat, "There was no say from us."

"Riley Brun." Reina said, seeming to just have become aware of my presence since helping me up, "We have much to discuss."

I instantly became wary, squinting my eyes, "What could we possibly have to discuss? We've only just met."

Reina brushed off my question with another one of her graceful gestures, "All in good time, child."