Chapter 2

◇Roman P.O.V◇

Life was always fun. My parents were amazing super heroes that I looked up to and couldn't wait until my older brother and I got powers of our own. But slowly I began to realize that my brother and I were very different. While I excelled in everything, he couldn't be bothered to care about anything. He had no filter and would constantly be saying the most absurd things out of no where. I stopped taking him with me to play because he would make Patton uncomfortable. Then the morning of his 14th birthday when he should have developed his powers he vanished. My parents were out on business like they usually are. I remember having to make that call. After that they tried to act like nothing was wrong almost like Remus never existed.

"Happy birthday Roman!" Patton yelled as I answered the door. I had asked if it was okay to have a small get together and my parents said it was fine as they jetted off to another hero meeting while promising to be home in time for cake.

"Happy birthday," repeated Logan from behind. They both came in and we settled down on the couch.

"Fourteen is a big year," stated Logan as he fixed his glasses and studied me most likely to see if my powers had developed yet. I laughed and nodded. Both Patton and Logan had their powers since they turned fourteen before me. Usually it's rare for a child to have two powers, powers in general weren't overly common but children to of two supers sometimes come out with more that one like Patton who had healing magic and telepathy. Logan's mom is the super in his family and he got telekinesis. Both will do very well being super heroes. I had been waiting eagerly to be of age. My parents are incredible with my dad's super speed and my mom's water ability.

"Well I can do this already," I said as I stood up and lifted up the couch with them on it. Patton squeaked as he suddenly went up.

"Wow Roman that's awesome! We would make the best hero group now!" Patton said excitedly as I lowered the couch back down on the ground.

"Agreed. But both your parents are supers, is that your only power?" He asked with his eyebrow raised. I could never tell if Logan was being mean or just being him. I sighed and shook my head as I ushered them to follow me outside. When we finally got there I jumped up and shot up into the sky, I still wasn't use to flying around. Quickly I got back to the ground and steadied myself.

"Ta-da," I said giving them jazz hands. Pattons mouth was open and Logan just grinned.

"I think you won in the power department Roman," Patton said excitedly. Logan looked at him and nodded. My parents were equally excited to discover my powers this morning.

"So I've being thinking about super hero names and I like Prince, what do you think?" I asked them. It was early to be thinking about it, but it was important to have.

"Oh my gosh that totally fits you! I want mine to be Moral," Patton laughed and then looked at Logan expecting him to say his.

"I was thinking Logic for me..." he sighed.

"That's honestly perfect for you," I said which earned me a wide smile from Patton and a small smile from Logan. We hurried back inside and started my birthday Disney movie watching bash. What a great birthday.