The Discovery

I was slouched on my sofa in front of the television, watching some dumb TV show. I still had to restore my cable connection, and there wasn't much to watch in the free channels. Despite being bored beyond measure, I wished I didn't had to watch that show.

Suddenly, sparks flew up from the back of my TV, and the screen blacked out. Great. Now I had to get the thing repaired too. 

I wished it would turn on, and I wouldn't have to call the repairman and spend my money.

And it did.

I freaked out.

What was happening?

I went up and checked the TV. Most of the wires were burned, but two of them were barely connected, which must have been what kept it running. But how were they not burnt?

I wish I could know what was happening.

"You are the Wishmonger." The voice of my thoughts said.

Yeah right, as if I'll just wish for a million dollars, and they'll turn up in my bank account. 

And my phone beeped. There were two messages in my phone.

One was a transaction message from the bank, informing me of a credit of $1 million.

Another was a message from Lottery Inc, which said I had won a lottery of 1 million dollars.

This time, I completely freaked out.

I collapsed on the sofa, and put my hand over my head.

Wishmonger?

What the hell was happening to me? Had I died, and this was the transition into heaven? Or was I hallucinating all this, while in reality maybe this was all a dream?

I could wish for it to be a dream. On second thought, no, I would rather not.

There was only 1 person who could make sense of this.

I shot a mail to Dr. Jericho, telling him about my situation. I wished he would believe me, and sure enough, he did. He wrote back, that he'll be sending his team right over. And so, patiently, I waited, while my mind was unable to even begin to think about the implications. The power to fulfill any wish?!! No, it couldn't be true, it couldn't be possibly true. But I wished it would be.

The Wishmonger: Originsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें