2

Chapter 2

Viivi(Alan's girlfriend)'s POV:

Alan was busy sending emergency calls to his Walkers, while I was packing small, light things we would need to create an okay base camp in the woods by the Fjords, when Alan finally comes out. I thought he was done, but nope.

"Viivi, change of plans," he said, scratching the back of his neck nervously.
"What is it now, Alan?" I groaned playfully.
"Our basecamp has to be moved to Cape Breton Island," Alan bit his lip.
"Where is that?" I tilted my head.
"Canada I think," he smiled awkwardly. I love it when Alan does that. It's so adorable. "And also, Viivi, remember that the world hates the Walkers, so when we go, don't let anyone recognize you as my girlfriend or they'll kill you. I've heard about the government wanting to start a war against the Walkers. We need to get together and-"
"Blah blah blah, I get it, Alan. It's like your a brother of mine instead of my boyfriend!" I laughed.
Alan looked me in the eyes. "Vii, this is serious. We could die. The Walkers could die. The Walkers rely on us. We rely on the Walkers."
"Okay, okay," I said while stuffing some fruit, vegetables and canned food in a backpack. "I'll take this seriously."
Alan went back to being like a brother again."Before I go back to making calls, what do you have packed? Black blankets?"
"Yep," I said confidently.
"Food?"
"Yep."
"Water bottles?
"Alan, chill! I know how to pack light. I've got a small cooler with ice in it, a first aid kit, food, water bottles, blankets. I'm fine. Go back to saving people's lives in advance!" I reassured him.
"Okay, I was just checking in on you," Alan playfully rolled his eyes and smiled.

***

Once I packed and Alan finished calling, we ran outside into the woods, hoping nobody saw us. We found an old rowboat and rowed to Cape Breton Island. It took a day(felt more like a month; I had to do all the rowing), and we were sorta jetlagged(more like boatlagged)after the trip. It was the night of the 23rd of August when we got there, and there were already a couple Walkers there who brought some of their own survival supplies. One built a shelter with twigs, and I covered it with a blanket to keep wind and bad weather out. Alan built a temporary shelter with some sticks as well, and then curled up inside and fell asleep.

Then, I heard a loud splash coming from the other side of the island. I ran over to that side of the island. I hid in a bush by the shore where the splash came from. I looked up from the bush and saw a sickly-looking teenage Walker, cautiously walking across a wet log, that looked slippery. I reached out and offered who appeared to be a her my hand. After a moment of hesitation, she took my hand and jumped off the log into the bush.
"Viivi?" She asked. She recognized me in this dark night. I nodded.
"Where's everyone else, and the camp?" She asked.
"Follow me," I said, exhausted. Alan didn't even help me row the boat here!
The girl nodded and followed me to camp. The Walkers that got here earlier were asleep.

I woke up Alan. He didn't appreciate it very much, but his eyes went wide open when he saw the poor condition the Walker was in.
"Viivi, this girl is starving! Do you still have food with you? She needs to eat!"
"Yeah I still have food," I dug around in my bag and gave her a potato, an orange, and a bottle of water. I couldn't see through the girl's mask, but I had a feeling she smiled.
"I'll build you a shelter like these ones for you to sleep in," I told her, while gathering sticks and positioning them. "Anywho, what's your Walker ID?"
"I'm Walker #33828," she said, while peeling the orange. We're going to need her Walker ID when battle strikes and we need her for something.
"Nice to meet you,"I smiled.
I glanced at her. She had scrapes and bruises everywhere. "And don't worry about the scrapes, we'll deal with those in the morning," I said while laying a blanket on the stick structure and putting a blanket on the inside as well. She smiled as she took a sip of water.
"Here's your shelter, it's small, but as close to luxury as we can get!" I said to #33828. She looks about 17 to me, and I could tell she was shy, but she'll warm up to us and the other Walkers. She mouthed 'Thanks' and curled up inside the shelter I made her and continued to eat her orange and her potato.

I tapped my watch. It illuminated blue, and a hologram popped up. August 23 2025, 11:46pm. Wow, it's quite late, I should sleep, I thought. I walked over to Alan's shelter and layed down inside with him. Then I fell asleep.