37

Chapter 37

Walker #33827's POV

Life isn't back to normal yet, but it's getting closer and closer to being normal again.

I've came across Fiona and Ava.

Fiona showed me a secret lounge under the potato statue.

She introduced me to her pet turtle stuffed animal, Blurpsy.

She also introduced me to Red Bull.

Now I have a Red Bull obsession.

Great.

I saw what Red Bull does to people like Fiona and Daph's younger cousin Cameron (when he drinks Red Bull he keeps making TikToks of him saying that he's drunk on Red Bull) (irl, Cameron's only 9, he shouldn't be drinking Red Bull in the first place), and Daph's friend Danese (when she drinks Red Bull she tells me that she lives in my leg).

We raided the minifridge for more Red Bull after we drank all of Fiona's Red Bull.

Then I got a text from a weird number I don't recognize or have in my contacts.

It said:

Hello is this Walker #33827? It's me Alan

I decided to text back:

Hi and yes this is Walker #33827, is this the real alan?

A couple seconds later, I received a text back:

Yeah I'm the real Alan and if you don't believe me meet me in the medical room

"Fiona, where is the medical room?" I asked.

"Follow me," she smiled and left the lounge under the potato statue. I followed Fiona as she went through a door, up a flight of stairs and through what appeared to be a cafeteria. She gestured at the door.

"Thanks, Fio," I said before I went into the medical room.

"Anytime, Anaielle," Fiona winked.

Within the medical room there were a variety of small rooms as well. I didn't want to just guess where Alan was, so I asked someone in a white lab coat where he was. They told me to follow them, and so I followed them behind a curtain to the right, into a room.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

I didn't just see Alan Walker.

I saw Daph.

I saw my long lost BFF Daph.

The two of them were hugging.

Then Alan noticed me standing there, and he whispered something to Daph. She looked up and saw me.

"Hi Daph. I'm home," I said, holding back tears.

I came closer and Alan pulled my friend out of the hug. She then came up to me and hugged me while crying. I let my own tears fall as well.

"You're alive," Daph said, crying tears of joy. I nodded.

"You and I against the world, that's what you told me," she whispered.

"It's why I'm not dead yet, and also why I'm with you. You and I against the world, you'll never be alone, even when your world explodes, 'cuz it literally just did explode thanks to the solar storm," I said.

"but Anaielle, how did you survive?" Daph asked and pulled away from the hug.

"Well, I was caught by the cops and I lost consciousness thanks to them knocking me out. I woke up in the Amazon rainforest, tied to a chair. I was walking around looking for an escape for weeks. One day, I noticed that the sky turned grey, and the air seemed thin. So I continued to look, until I heard the sound of metal under my boots. I was standing on what looked like one of the World of Walker discs, but then it illuminated green and slid to the right to reveal a ladder, which I climbed down, and I saw all of the Walkers in a big room. I joined them, and then the power went out," I explained. "Now, it's your turn. Explain to me why you two are wearing white hoodies, why you, Daph, has an Airinum mask and you didn't text me when you got it, why Alan doesn't have his mask, and why you, Daph, are in the medical room with Alan Walker."

"Well, you see, there's no simple answer for that... for any of those questions actually," she shuffled her feet.

"Tell me anyway, I'm patient," I said.

"I'll give you the simplest answers I can give you," she sighed. "Alan and I are wearing white hoodies because that indicates that we're patients here. I have an Airinum mask because... um... Alan, can you help me answer that?"

"Sure," Alan nodded. "She has an Airinum mask because her lungs were badly damaged during a gas leak in another base months ago, and I saved her from it, and if I didn't, Daph would've died. She didn't text you when she got it because she was unconscious. I don't have my mask because it's Daph's. It was mine, but it's hers now. Daph's in the medical room with me because after the gas thing, she's been having breathing problems, and she wanted to get her lungs checked out so she could, hopefully, find out what was wrong. I came with her because I'm her brother."

"Good to know, but why are you both patients?" I asked.

"Well, I'm a patient because of the gas leak thing," Daph said.

"And I'm a patient because a couple months ago I was shot and I still haven't healed completely," Alan said.

"Oh, okay," I said. "But Alan said you are siblings?"

"...yeah..." Daph answered nervously, clearly not excited to tell me the whole story. "I ran into a very hard wall and I lost a lot of blood. Alan donated blood to save me, again, heh."

"Then, when I was shot, I lost a lot more blood than she did, and she broke the law and donated blood to save me even though she was under age, and she didn't have a donor card or anything," Alan explained. "So, we're related by blood, and I consider us brother and sister."

"Well," I thought about that for a moment. "Do you treat her like a little sister?"

"Why do you wanna know?" Alan asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, sorry if I offended you, Alan. I was just wondering because Daph's been my best friend for 14 years," I apologized.

"It's fine, and if you still wanna know, I love her as a brother would. I would go to the ends of the earth to protect her. If she ever needed it, I would give her my life. She's the best little sister I could ever have. There's a place in my arms where she fits just perfectly, almost like I was meant to have her as a little sister," Alan said and came closer to us.

Oh, and Daph? She looked like she was gonna faint after hearing that!

Did I ever guess right. Just then, she fainted. I didn't expect it, but somehow Alan did. He was able to run over and catch her, just before she hit the floor.

"Not again," Alan sighed, checking my friend's pulse.

"What?" I asked.

Alan picked Daph up in his arms. "Fangirl attack. Nothing too serious. Most Walkers get them, both Chris and K have seen their fans have fangirl attacks at their shows, but I've only seen a fangirl attack once, and it was a couple months ago."

"Lemme guess, it was Daph, wasn't it?" I asked.

Alan nodded. "Yep."

"Is Daph gonna be okay?" I asked, concerned.

"Yeah, just give it an hour or so and she'll be fine. Don't worry," Alan said. "Let's take her to the sleeping quarters."

"Where's that?" I asked.

"Just downstairs, follow me," Alan left the room with Daph in his arms. I know she was unconscious, but she looked comfortable in Alan Walker's arms.

Once we reached the sleeping quarters, Alan laid my friend down on a bunk bed with her Walker ID on it.

"I remember you from one of my concerts," he said. I nodded. "Has anyone ever told you that you're an amazing singer?" Alan asked.

I shook my head. "You and Daph are the only people who ever told me that."

"Well, just remember that you're a beautiful singer," he told me.

"Thank you, but I sounded a lot better when I sang with Daph," I thanked Alan.

"If only there was a way that we could get Daph to sing again. I know she loves singing, and she told me about how it feels like she can't breathe whenever she sings. Hopefully the first aid Walkers can figure out what's wrong with her lungs and they can fix it," Alan said.

I agreed. "Right now, all we can do is hope."