Chapter 5: Until heaven parts

The first thing Clary noticed was that she felt extremely weak. She opened her eyes. Her eyelids felt like if they were sewn together, the way Silent Brothers had. She scrambled to her feet and looked around. She couldn't see anything, only her own body. She was standing in the darkness, alone. Then she saw it. Golden light just ahead of her. She started running in its direction, by every movement of her body the light grew stronger. Clary had to stop because the light was almost blinding her. One more step, she thought. One more step and I'll reach the light. She took a step forward and suddenly the light grew so strong she thought it'll kill her. But then it stopped and she thought she was dead. She stood in an unfamiliar place. It looked like if she was floating in the air, just above the clouds. The light rose just in front of her. Then she realized what the light was. With enough focus, she saw outlines of a body and wings. Big golden shining wings of an angel. "Raziel" she breathed. Clarissa Morgenstern. I don't have time to explain why did you get back your memories and runes, so listen to me carefully. Your body is waking up and I have no time to talk to you, but you will come after me. You will call upon me and then I'll tell you everything you need to know. "But h-" When the time comes you'll know. Those were the last words Clary caught before it all faded away. She opened her eyes not remembering any part of talk with the angel. Her head still hurt a bit but when she sat up she felt fine. She glanced around the room. She recognized it immediately. In the distance, she could hear a soft and beautiful melody. She spun her legs out of the bed and stepped onto the floor. It was cold against her skin as she walked up to the door and down to the corridor. She remembered it all here very well. After all, it has been her home once and people living in it were her friends, her family. She found herself in front of the music room. And then she saw him. Her heart started beating like a drum, loud and fast. He was there playing on piano with closed eyes, not noticing her stating at him playing. She wanted to throw herself against him, not leaving him ever again. He finished the song and opened his eyes. "Clary?" his lips parted and he stood up. She flung herself in his opened arms. They felt like they always did; safety and love. If a home could feel somehow, Clary thought, then it felt like being in his arms. "Jace" she whispered. He pressed her harder against him as if he wanted to reassure himself that she isn't going to fall apart. Then suddenly they were kissing. The kisses were slow but desperate, catching up all the time they spent apart. After a while, he pulled away, his hands on either side of her face. "How is it that you are here and remember?" "I don't know, and honestly I don't care. As long as I can be with you I don't care how. I love you, Jace."  "I love you too, and I will love you until the heaven parts and all the worlds come crashing down." Tears slipped down Clary's face. They spent so much time apart but it seemed like seconds because the way he loved her now was even stronger than it was before, and it was the same for her. They were back together and it was all that mattered. He softly wiped tears off her cheeks. Clary pulled herself against him and kissed him. The kiss was slow, soft, saying all the words that stayed unsaid. A shiver gone through Clary and Jace pulled away from her. "Are you okay? Aren't you cold?" "It's just, I feel tired." "Yeah of course, after all, not every day you get your memories and runes back." She giggled on that. "To be honest I didn't even notice that my runes came back." "Oh, and how could that happen?" "Because I was searching for you. Searching for your arms."  He pulled her closer and kissed her. It was a quick soft kiss. "Go ahead, I'll go and tell everyone that you are back." he said pulling away. "Okay. I'll see you later." she replied and walked out of the music room, disappearing in a corridor. Clary came to his room and fell asleep. She felt exhausted, not only physically but mentally as well, so she fell asleep fast. Dreams started moving behind her eyelids. She was walking through the woods around lake Lyn, with Jace, Izzy, Simon, Alec, Magnus and some other people she didn't know well. She saw a piece of paper pinned to the tree. She ripped it off and read out loud. "Wanted: Clarissa Herondale, Johnathan Christopher Herondale, Isabelle Sophia Lightwood, Alexander Gideon Lightwood-Bane, Magnus Lightwood-Bane, Simon Lovelace, Lucian Graymark, sister Cleophas, Helen Blackthorn, Aline Penhallow, Christian Nightfall, Jolaine Nightfall and all the others who dare to help them. Why are we wanted?" she glanced around confused. "Because of the child." Izzy answered her looking around past the trees, probably checking for safety. "What child?" Clary asked even more confused. She fell into the darkness trying to grab for Jace but he fell apart under her touch and she woke up, all sweaty and heavily breathing. "Clary, what's wrong?" Jace asked worriedly. Clary wanted to keep herself together but her lips were trembling. "Nothing, just....just a nightmare." "Don't worry that wasn't real. Now come to sleep. Nobody can hurt while you are in my arms, do you understand, nobody." he said gently brushing her hand. "Alright, I'll be right back just gotta get myself some water." She walked down across the hall, empty and illuminated only by witchlight and came to the kitchen. She picked out a glass and started pouring water into it. She noticed a knife on the table. Water from the glass was already overflowing through its edge as she reached out for the knife.