Guilty Pleasures

Adrien's Pov

My name is Adrien Agreste. My father is overprotective of me and rarely lets me do anything. I was also the superhero Chat Noir. My father did not know this. I always felt like he hated me on the outside. That deep down, he did all this because he cared about me. I was in my room, my Kwami separated from me. He came back into the room with a picture in his hand.

Plagg: "Hey Adrien, have you seen this girl before?"

He handed me the photo. The girl had blonde hair and green eyes just like me. Shoulder length, she had a charm bracelet on her left wrist. A skirt, and a trendy shirt. She had my mother's talent for modelling. Just like I did. How did father get this photo? Was this my mother when she was younger? Then I heard the doorbell. I walked out of my room and stood behind Nathalie's desk. I wanted to see if this was the girl. Father never gave anyone an invitation. Especially anyone my age.

???: "Hello, uh, I'm here to see my Uncle."

Her voice had a heavy British accent. Nathalie looked shocked when she heard it.

Nathalie: "Miss. Fischbach, nice to see you again. Mr. Agreste has been expecting you."

I had never heard of this 'Miss. Fischbach' before. Why did my father have a picture of her? I mean, he had a lot of pictures of me because I was a model and all but -- still. The door opened. I went around the next doorway and watched from behind. The girl with the bracelet came in. Nathalie went to greet her.

Nathalie: "As I said, Miss. Fischbach, your uncle has been expecting you."

My father had been expecting her? Why? He never expected anything, except for paychecks and orders to be fulfilled. They didn't need to walk far, my father came down the stairs.

Gabriel: "It's nice to finally meet you, Grace."

Grace: "It's nice to meet you, Uncle Gabriel."

She curtsied. My father smiled. I had never seen him smile before. Only when my mother was alive. Even when he was a cold father, he still -- maybe -- maybe he still cared about me.

Gabriel: "Your mother has said great things about you."

Grace: "So does everyone else, they say that I'm unnaturally talented."

Gabriel: "Why don't you come to my office, you can show me some of your skills."

I was never allowed in his office. Ever. And then she shows up and is allowed entry. I had no idea who this was and that wasn't even the worse part. He hadn't seen her in person for a long time. He only knew things because her mother had told him about her. I went back to my room and flipped the photo over. It was a school photo from a year ago. Grace Gabriella Fischbach. That was her full name. Gabriella, that was meant to be an ode to my father.

Plagg: "Hey, Adrien? Are you okay?"

Adrien: "Yeah, just confused. Why would he choose her over me? I'm his own son and she's -- she's just the daughter of a friend of some kind. I don't know. I know that he never had any siblings. So it has to be a friend."

Plagg: "Well, are you saying you're jealous of Grace?"

Adrien: "No -- Father just might be excited."

I heard laughter from the office. I went back and heard a bit of conversation. This was very weird. I had never heard Father laugh.

Gabriel: "I could teach you a few things about designing clothes, and you can show me what you know."