Emilie Agreste and Esmeralda Fischbach

Gabriel's Pov

Nathalie: "You're sure about this?"

I was walking swiftly to my office. I was scrolling through my contacts on my phone. There was Emile's number, then, at last, her twin sister's. The one that I had been afraid to call this entire time. I knew that deep down, that she still cared about me. How much, I wasn't sure, I just knew that she would at least listen.

Gabriel: "What other choice do I have?"

Nathalie: "Talk to your son, directly. Have a one-on-one with him. All he wants is an explanation."

Gabriel: "And how am I supposed to give him one, without getting angry and making him run away forever? I can't lose him too."

Nathalie: "What do you think that she can do about it?"

Gabriel: "All I ask for is some advice, she was the best at giving that."

Nathalie: "Do you even remember the last time you saw her?"

Gabriel: "That I do, and I do not wish to explain it. It was painful and entirely her fault that I'm doing this now."

I hovered my finger above the call button. I was -- scared, for the first time in a long time I was afraid. I needed to do this, she would give me an answer. I pressed the button and nervously put the phone to my ear.

Gabriel: "Esmeralda?"

Esmeralda: "Gabriel, why are you calling? Is something wrong?"

The girl had a British accent just like Grace. Her features will not be described, as this conversation was held over the phone.

Gabriel: "Yes, and no. I -- you see -- well, Adrien ran away last night saying that he would return in the morning. He gave me no explanation or reason for this."

Esmeralda: "Well, what changed?"

Gabriel: "The only thing that did change was your daughter arriving here in Paris."

Esmeralda: "Have you talked to him since Grace arrived a week ago?"

Gabriel: "Well, Uhm, now. No, no not really."

I said, ashamed. How did I neglect my own son, for her daughter? For as talented as she was, I needed to apologize to him.

Gabriel: "I see what I have done wrong now."

Esmeralda: "My only question is, why did you come directly to me?"

Gabriel: "There isn't anyone else that I can ask about this, perhaps if Emilie were still here, Adrien would be happier but that obviously doesn't matter to you."

Esmeralda: "It does matter, which is exactly why I did what I did. Now is not the time to discuss this, Gabriel. I'm in London visiting my brother at the moment. My son should be arriving before Marcus and me. In a week's time, long I know. I'm sorry I can't be there sooner."

Gabriel: "The sooner you come the sooner that Adrien's memories of you will come flooding back."

Esmeralda: "You still haven't let that go, and I doubt you ever will. We will discuss this in person. I have to go, I'll talk to you later, but I do ask one thing."

Gabriel: "What is it?"

Esmeralda: "Don't hesitate to call. I have to go now, bye."

She hung up the phone, I still hadn't forgotten what she had done. Or who she was.

Gabriel: "Nathalie, inform me once Adrien has arrived here."

Nathalie: "Of course, sir."

Adrien's Pov