"I Think I'm In Love..."

I transformed into Chat Noir and leapt around a few buildings. I landed on a very particular balcony, the balcony above the Dupain-Cheng bakery, or otherwise known as Marinette's balcony. I leaned on the railing and stared into the horizon. Tears filling my eyes. Did my father forget about me? Did he care about me? Did he even notice that I was gone?

Marinette: "Chat?"

I gasped. I didn't know she was awake right now. I turned around abruptly.

Chat Noir: "Hi, princess."

I was still crying a little. There wasn't a way that I could stop it.

Marinette: "Chat? Are you crying?"

Chat Noir: "Me? Crying? No -- no I'm not crying."

That was a little overdramatic. I was trying to play it off, it wasn't working. She moved closer, she was looking me directly in the eyes. I knew she could see the tears. She put her hand on my cheek.

Marinette: "Are you okay?"

She asked in a soft voice. I decided to be truthful, I could trust her, I knew that. I shook my head. Looking down, I couldn't look directly at her.

Marinette's Pov

Chat had been crying, and he came here. I didn't know why he came here, here of all places. He looked down, he looked so sad. I couldn't see him like this. I may have kept him at arm's length, but I couldn't leave him like this. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He didn't pull away, I didn't expect him to. He began to cry again. I didn't know what happened to him, but I couldn't know.

Chat Noir: "I'm sorry."

He said though sobs. I was confused, why was he saying sorry? He didn't have anything to be sorry for, at least to me.

Marinette: "Why are you saying sorry?"

I asked again, in a soft, soothing voice. He was so sad. Leaving me with no idea why. My sweet, sweet kitty.

Chat Noir: "I -- I'm not supposed to cry,"

He said again through tears. I shook my head. Why wouldn't he be allowed to cry? He's safe here. No one would judge him here.

Marinette: "No need to be sorry, no one will judge you here."

I heard his miraculous beep a few times. I looked down at it and all the paw-prints were gone. Before it went out we both pulled away, I closed my eyes. I heard the wooshing of the transformation.

Adrien's Pov

I transformed back. I saw Marinette, she stood there, her arms at her sides, and her eyes closed.

Marinette: "Chat?"

Adrien: "You closed your eyes."

Marinette: "I'm not supposed to know, I don't want to put you in danger."

I swear, she was about to make me cry again. She was the sweetest girl I had ever known. I pulled her into a hug again. I had one hand pulling her close to me, and the other tilting her chin to look up at me. What I would give to tell her. I looked up and behind Marinette, I saw Plagg. He nodded in confirmation, that I could tell her.

Adrien: "Marinette, open your eyes."

Sorry if it's really short, I wanted to leave it on somewhat of a cliffhanger. So, more will come very, very soon.  -Gemma