Ch. 1

the incessant beeping of the alarm clock stirred a groan from hanae as she shifted uncomfortably in her bed. she could hardly sleep at all last night, mostly due to the fact that the UA entrance exam was today. with a small sigh she tossed her legs off of the side of the bed and rubbed at her tired eyes. her alarm clock read 7:00 am, giving her just enough time to shower and eat breakfast before she had to head off to the exam.

she slowly stood up, stretching her whole body before grabbing the clothes she needed before heading to the bathroom. she heard her parents chit chat downstairs and smiled softly, eager to see them before heading to UA. once in the bathroom, hanae looked at herself in the mirror, sighing softly. it seemed like she was about to get a pimple on her chin, which was more than a little unfortunate. she shook her head and instead hopped into the shower, scrubbing her body and face thoroughly before moving on to her hair. the whole time she thought about the exam, her jitters returning.

"snap out of it, hanae. You'll do great," she murmured quietly, turning off the water and drying her body before wrapping her hair in a towel. she tossed on her clothes, smiling at the light blue tracksuit her father had gifted her. it wasn't the most fashionable or the most attractive, but it was comfortable, and anything her parents gave her she loved. after putting on her socks, she ran down the stairs, nearly slipping but grabbing the banister for stability.

"morning pa, morning ama!" Hanae grinned, gingerly kissing her mom on the cheek and hugging her dad. her dad looked at her with a sparkle in his eyes, a slight excitement radiating off of him.

"is my little girl ready? cause she better be!" hanae laughed as her mom slapped her dads arm.

"akio! cut it out!" her mom seemed mad, but she really wasn't. her dad was always the goofy one in the relationship, never failing to find a way to lighten the mood. her mom was a little bit more serious, her mind being a little bit more detail oriented. their relationship was amazing, and hanae couldn't help but want to have something like it eventually. for now though, her mind was set on getting into UA and becoming a hero.

"i'm ready pa! just need to eat breakfast and get on with it," she exclaimed, sitting at the table with a small smile. her mom hummed and passed her the plate of steamed rice and miso soup. without a second thought, hanae dug into the breakfast, wolfing down the food while taking small breaks to drink one water so she wouldn't choke on the food.

"hanae! take it easy, honey." Her mom stood in front of her with her arms crossed as hanae looked up at her with wide eyes. she choked out a sorry and slowed down a little, getting a chuckle out of her father. with one last bite, hanae stood up and thanked her mom for the breakfast. she rushed up the stairs and slipped on her sneakers, her hands shaking lightly. she ran into the bathroom and pulled the towel out of her hair, lightly shaking it out and pulling it into a small ponytail. she didn't bother with makeup, knowing that it would probably be melted off with the heat.

"hanae! it's almost 8! you need to hurry baby!" hanae cursed as she heard her mom yell, rushing back downstairs.

"i'm ready! i love you guys! bye pa, bye ama!" with that, hanae headed off, running to the train station which was about a block away. with a huff she got on the train, tapping her foot lightly. both her mind and heart were racing faster than an olympic runner. it's not like the entirety of her future would be determined by this one exam, right?