Chapter 40

"Fuckkkkkk." Odell moaned out. He placed his leg on the table while his personal trainer massaged his calf muscles. He was putting his all out on the field lately and wasn't gonna let nobody distract him. After Alisha left for college and he broke things off with Lolo, he separated himself from his friends and put his mind back into the game. It worked out for the long run because a few months later he was getting drafted by the New York Giants.

"Aht aht aht, come on. You're a big man. Take the pain." His personal trainer, Davia laughed.

"This shit ain't funny. A nigga sore as fuck." Odell grunted while getting up from the table. He observed Davia as she put some ice in a zip lock bag. Davia was bad asf no cap. She was athletic so she had a nice lil shape on her and she wasn't that hard on the eyes. But, Odell knew better. Mixing business with pleasure was not the move. Especially since he was the NFLs new "it boy".

"That's what happens when you put in all that work crazy." Davia laughed him off and placed the ice bag in his legs. Working for Odell was a new experience for her. She just recently got her degree in sports medicine and lucked up with this job. Odell was her first athlete to work for and so far she was feeling it. Odell was a good boss, he was smart, funny and he paid her well. He was fine as hell to so that was just another bonus to her.

"You really think I'm putting in work?" Odell blushed at the compliment. Since he didn't fuck with his friends like that anymore, he didn't get much praise. Well, he got praise from fans and the media but that shit didn't matter to him.

Davia walked up to him, "Are you crazy? You don't hear what everyone's saying about you and your famous one handed catch? You're a superstar Odell."

Odell's heart warmed listening to Davis's compliments. He felt really good because he worked so hard to get to where he was. And somebody noticed all of his hard work.

"Well, I guess I should get going then. I'm sure you have a lot of shit to do." Davia said packing up her equipment.

"Where you headed?" Odell asked.

"Home probably." Davia shrugged her shoulders. She didn't have many friends plus she was single, so all she did was work.

"You hungry?" Odell asked. He didn't have anything to do and he figured the least he could do was make sure the girl ate.

"You don't have to do that. I can just grab something on the way home." Davia insisted.

"Nah for real it's no problem. I mean you spend all day making sure I'm in tip top shape, the least I could do is feed you." Odell flashed Davia a toothy grin.

"Okay fine. Just let me wash up first." Davia finally agreed to the invite and went up stairs to wash up.

Odell sat on his ruby red leather couch and pulled out his phone. He scrolled absentmindedly on Instagram and through his DM's. There was people asking for money, fans praising him, haters hating him and girls being downright thirsty. But he didn't pay any of it any mind. He continued to scroll through Instagram when a familiar name popped up in his notifications. Alisha.

Alisha: where are you O? It's important.

Odell couldn't believe his eyes. She really had the nerve to hit him up wanting to talk after she chose that bum ass drug nigga over him. Odell never really spoke on this but before Alisha left for college she came by his crib. She was pretty fucked up and they had sex. It was then he realized he loved Alisha and wanted to be with her. The next morning he worked up the courage to tell her how he really felt. He apologized for everything he did and begged for her forgiveness. Of course Alisha forgave him, but she told him she couldn't be with him cause she was in love with Dave. Hmph Dave. Naturally, Odell was hurt. Yeah he did some really fucked up things to Alisha in the past and he hurt her. But that was because he was dealing with his own demons. But he was better and ready to love Alisha like he knew she deserved to be love. He was adamant that Dave couldn't take care of Alisha like he could and he tried to prove it but Alisha wasn't feeling it. So he let her go. He hasn't talked to her since then. And he honestly didn't want too. He shook his head at the message and stuffed his phone back in his pocket.