Chapter 1 - Broccoli

Savannah's POV

"COME ON VANNAH! YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE!"
My mum shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I was supposed to be going to my best friend Ev's house since my parents were last minute packing for their Christmas getaway. i put on the last layers of my makeup and grabbed my bags and ran downstairs. I hopped into the back of my mum's black qashqai and we set off.

"EV!!" I shouted as I ran towards her and engulfed her in a bear hug.

"Ugh its been forever! come on in"
she says after we let go. i walked in and saw the one person I hated more than broccoli..Harry Edward Styles..Ev's brother. And trust me I HATE broccoli. I turned on my heels, about to walk my fine ass right out the door when I accidentally made eye contact with Ev's grey ones, arms crossed over her chest, glaring straight into my dark abyss of a soul. I stifle a groan since i could still feel her glaring right through my back as i walked back into the living.

"What is he doing here?!"
I whisper-yelled at Ev earning a slight chuckle from her which pissed me off further. She knew I hated him so a warning would've been nice.
"He's here to take care of us since our parents are gonna be away for their little 'Christmas getaway'" she told me while air quoting the last part, earning yet another groan from me.

"Calm down Savannah. I don't wanna be here anymore than you do so just shut up and deal with it." The green eyed boy snapped; which took me by surprise at his more-pissed-off-than-usual tone.
"Well I'm sorry but can you tell me who on Earth asked for-"

"Hey Savannah. I missed you." Ev's mother interrupted as she gave me a hug. She smelt like roses, her usual scent. I didn't even see or hear her walk in.

"Hey Anne, I missed you too. How have you been?" I replied with a small smile once she finally released me.
"I'm great, dear. Oh I forgot to mention that Harry would be staying with you and Ev to make sure you both will be fine without us." She said with a hopeful smile. Hopeful because she knew that me and Harry do. NOT. Mix.

"Ye no kidding.." I sarcastically said under my breath.
"What was that sweetie?" she asked, clearly confused.
"Sorry, i just said to have a nice trip." I lie.

"Oh thank you hun. Now if you'll excuse me, we should really set off or we'll miss our flight." she says with a light chuckle, I nod and all us walk outside to where my parents were waiting for us. Me, Ev and Harry say our goodbyes after they lecture us with all the general, boring rules like no parties, no skipping school blah blah blah.

Then they were off. I ran straight inside to get my bags only to find Harry walking off and into the guest bedroom with them. I felt a wave of confusion and anger wash over me as I called and ran after him. Once I caught up with him, he was walking out and bumped into me, causing me to almost fall over. I waited for the contact between the black, carpeted floor and my face but it never came, instead I was saved by a muscular arm wrapped around my waist; saving me from my embarrassment. I sighed in relief and looked to find Harry's green eyes locked on mine. With my breath hitched, I realised how close we were. 

"Ahem.." Ev coughed from behind us causing us both to straighten up. I took a step away from him. Averting my eyes from the floor, I look to find Ev smirking at us. Oh this bitch.

My cheeks were burning from blushing so hard but I quickly shook it off, biting my bottom lip unconsciously.

Harry Styles

I snuck a glance up at Savannah to see her cheeks flustered and her pink lips tucked in between her pearly white teeth. I never really realized how attractive she is. I mean I have liked her for a while but I guess I just pushed it down because it felt...wrong? Why did it feel wrong? Because she's my baby sister's best friend. But it's too late now since I now have an amazing girlfriend, Holly. She's pretty hot but I feel like I'm just stringing her along now. I don't feel the same as I did a few months ago, when I asked her out.

UGH stop being so pathetic Harry, you have a girlfriend for fuck's sake! I can't really think straight right now I suppose the flight down here kinda wore me out. But she can't possibly like me she hates me, I-

"Hello? Earth to Harry." My sister said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"What do you want Ev?!" I snap at her without meaning to.
"I- nothing.." she says looking down at her feet, which were shifting uncomfortably.

"I-I'm sorry V I never meant to snap at you like that. I'm just tired from the flight down and-"
I said, trying to give her a hug but she just took a step back. That was enough for me to know that she didn't wanna talk. I look up at Savannah and she shakes her head at me causing her ash blonde hair, which contained her natural waves, to shake slightly around her upper waist. Her hazel eyes bore into my green ones with such an intensity, it could probably kill.

It was only now that I realised that her big eyes have a hint of grey in them, that only seemed to add to her beauty. For goodness sake Harry, stop! She's got me captivated and I don't know how to handle this.

"Harry? Did you hear me..?" She asks me, her voice is so soft. God, why hadn't I realised this before?

"Harry, are you okay..?" she asks, snapping me out of her trance. Her voice was soft, yet laced with genuine concern.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry I should just go." I reply looking down and running a hand through my curly brown hair.

I try to move my legs but they don't seem to budge. I try again and luckily this time it works, allowing me to head up to my room.
I pull off my shirt and plop down on the bed, I'm out as soon as my head touches the soft cloud of a pillow.
~*~
A/N OKAY this was TERRIBLE and honestly imo it was kinda cringe
If anyone has any improvements or ideas don't be afraid to hmu.
Love,
     Winnie <3

8/4 -> just some editing