Chapter 6 - Who The Fuck Are You?

I tried getting on with my day like nothing weird had happened this morning.  After Niall went to the garden to where Harry was, he didn't come back out for a while and when he did, me and Ev had already stepped out the door because we would've been late if we waited for Harry's slow ass.

Right now, me and Ev were sat out under our tree, eating, since it was lunch. I wasn't really eating, rather picking at my food since I didn't really feel like eating at the moment. Niall showing up really did a number on me, it reminded me of how much I kinda drifted just drifted away from my friends. I really need to reconnect with everyone, but how the hell am I supposed to do that?

"Hey, Ev?" I called out, while stuffing my face with a sandwich. Well, I guess that appetite just decided to show up. Okay then.  "Yeah, what is it?"
Oh, shit. I shouldn't have stuffed my face after asking her that. "Uhh, gib muh uh zek," I say holding up a finger, which roughly translates to 'uh, give me a sec'.

"Ye sure, okay just take your time its not like Lunch is going to end anytime soon." Ev replies, in a really sarcastic voice to which I reply by biting my thumb at her. She snorts an ugly laugh out at the crappy Romeo and Juliet slash Shakespearean era reference. What? We're both nerds on the inside.

"Okay," I start after finishing off that abnormally large bite, "so I was just thinking about how all of us have kinda drifted apart since school started, and I wanted to do something to bring us all back together." I watch as she has her I'm-confused-and-thinking-don't-talk-to-me face on. I wait another minute or so, taking two or three more normal sized bites in that time. 

"Well, firstly," she starts off, "I wanna know who on earth you mean by 'all of us'. And secondly, we are not having a party. You know how much I hate cleaning up after." Ev states, putting on her motherly tone that honestly scares me sometimes. 

"Awwhh, Ev c'monn please?" I plead. "Besides we have that six foot muscular giant to help this time too." I whine. God, I sound like a pathetically lost puppy..not that puppies are pathetic since I love puppies and dogs and cats. Especially cats coz they're so cuddly and fluffy and-

"No." I get snapped out of my cat trance by a stern voice, reminding me of someone. "Ugh, fine. Sorry mum." I mumble. "Bitch did you just call me 'mum'?" Ev cackles. Wait, I did? "Shit! No I didn't. God, Midget I know you want a child but at least don't involve me in your weird fantasies, besides I feel sorry for the poor soul that has to deal with your boring ass' child or husband." I taunt, knowing that she hates when I target that one particular conversation we used to have all the time when we were younger.

"Oi! No fair, I'm gonna be a better mum then you, you dirty minded fuck." She retaliates, adding a little laugh on the end, with me joining in. Once we both had calmed down a bit, we both heard the sound of leaves crunching and looked up to see a rather timid looking Zayn walking towards us, his head hanging low which was odd since he's always cocky and boastful about his 'beautiful face', his words not mine. 

I stand quickly out of worry and jog down towards him since he was making his way up. Once I reach him, he abruptly looks up. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot like he'd been crying for days and days on end. 

What the fuck happened to him?

Without thinking twice, I quickly wrap my arms around him forming a sort of protective shield, knowing he needs a hug to calm his nerves. As soon as I do touch him, he breaks out in the most heartbreaking sob.

 "Shhh it's okay. Just let it out, I'm here." I say gently as I rub my hand up and down his back gently, in a calming and patient manner. We both are soon joined by Ev, wearing the same expression of concern as me. 

"Hey, let's go sit down okay? You can't be stood up and this state." I softly suggest. He nods in return, following us as we walk back towards our spot under the tree. Ev was on his other side helping him towards it with me. Whatever happened really seemed to mess him up. I swear whoever hurt one of my friends this bad or at all is going to have the best time ruining their voice by screaming and begging me to stop hurting them.