one

he closed the book and sighed, returning to reality with tears in his eyes.

his eyes locked on the polaroid next to the synopsis.

it was easily the prettiest boy he'd ever seen, his hair hung lightly over his face and freckles were dotted across his smiling face.

the boy's smile made chris smile.

but there was no time to dwell on the recent novel he'd finished. chris' first term at a public school started the next day, and his nerves were kicking in.

chris couldn't express his feelings to anyone though, so he may as well pretend they didn't exist.

you see, christopher is the eldest son of the world-renowned mafia boss; 'christopher axel allen iv'

he is expected to be the "perfect heir" to his family's reign.

the truth is, chris couldn't be further from being a perfect heir if he tried.

so he fakes it.

and it feels wrong.

every day, he puts on the facade of being the jerk that takes advantage of girls and bullies other students.

and he can't stand it.

he's hoping that public school will be more relaxed and he'd be able to just be himself.

chris yawned as he attempted to clear his head. 

tomorrow is going to be a challenge and he's going to need a lot of beauty sleep to be able to tackle it.