four

chris could only describe his new 'friends' with one word: intolerable.

mostly.

they were all a bit too annoying for chris.

"so, new guy? what school you from?" a brown-haired girl with freckles asked, tapping chris on the shoulder.

chris contemplated this question for a second before answering.

"i can't say, sorry," he responded monotonously.

the girl looked kind of taken aback by chris' response but seemingly played it off by nodding and smiling, "oh that's fine, my name's ruby by the way." she extended her hand for chris to shake.

chris acknowledged ruby and shook her hand, "christopher."

ruby awkwardly smiled and returned back to her conversation with the rebecca girl.

chris sighed. 

he knew she was just trying to be nice, but it pissed him off nonetheless.

why do people have to be so fucking curious about things that don't concern them? 

that's when he spotted him.

felix.

he was seated by himself eating what looked to be a yoghurt.

"what a cutie," chris whispered to himself, wishing he could sit with him.

"are you looking at felix?" a guy in his supposed 'friend' group spoke up, "kid's a loser, no one likes him."

chris nods at his sentence, feeling his heart hurt at the mention of no one liking felix.

what did felix ever do to them?

the bell sounded and chris lost the boy in the swarm of people walking to their next lesson.

he'll talk to him one day.