five

his first of many insufferable days of school was now finally over.

to celebrate, chris had decided to take a stroll around the neighbourhood park.

but just by chance (and chris' pure bad luck) he'd spotted felix and two other boys stood by the swings, seemingly bickering.

and that's the situation chris had now found himself in.

alone, in his gray tracksuit watching two brawny looking men get violent with the boy he knows as lee felix.

he watched intently for a moment or two, observing the smaller of the three get punched too many times for chris' liking.

eventually, he decided to do something.

chris angrily marched toward the men, "what the fuck do you think you're doing?" he barked.

"piss off new kid, we're just tryna have some fun with our buddy felix over here!" the skinnier of the two yelled back.

chris forced the scrawny man away from felix's fragile-looking body, gaining the larger of the two's attention in the process.

"oh that was brave of you, new kid," he roared, voice actually mildly intimidating chris.

except chris wouldn't let it show, his father had taught him how to deal with assholes like this.

the guy jumped towards chris, but chris avoided the advance and tackled the man from the side, effectively shoving him to the ground.

"scram. and leave felix alone." chan stated nonchalantly, gently leaning down to felix who was still on the floor.

"are you okay, felix?" he inquired softly so he wouldn't hurt lix.

"y-yeah. sorry." felix whispered, hanging his head in what chris could only imagine was shame.

"hey, it's okay. i'm chris, it's nice to meet you." chris smiled, carefully extending his hand towards felix for him to shake.

to his surprise, felix slowly reached out and shook chris' hand.

"f-felix"

he swore his heart skipped a beat, felix's little hand fit perfectly in his.

'i guess i'm in love' he though to himself.

"well, felix. let's get you home, huh?"