seven

chris walked to his first period, still excited from his conversation with felix the night before.

felix had looked so happy when chris said he liked the nickame.

as chris arrived at the english classroom he took a look around the room, seeing felix in the back corner.

it took everything chris had to not sit with him.

social status is important.

"okay class!" the teacher yelled not a second after chris had taken his seat next to rebecca.

"i'm mrs kim and i'm going to be your english teacher for the next year! isn't that exciting!"

chris sighed, they were right about the public school teachers.

so much fake enthusiasm for someone earning so little. it surprised him.

"so as you all know we're going to be starting our first term project! this term you'll be in partners"

the second chris heard they were working in partners, his eyes darted to felix who was sat with his head down staring at the desk.

he sighed.

he wants felix to be happy.

he wants to help felix.

chris zoned out for the rest of the mrs kim's explanation of the project.

"okay year 12, pick your partners!"

in amidst the chaos of his class picking partners, chris got up and took the empty seat next to felix.

"hey lix, do you want to be partners?"

felix noticeably jumped when chris asked this.

"o-oh y-you don't have to chan"

chris smiled at the use of his nickname.

"yes, but i want to," chris smirked at the younger.

"okay then." felix beamed, ecstatic at the thought of having a partner.

"here's my number," chan said, still smiling from lix's reaction, "text me when you're free."

and with that, the bell sounded and both boys went their separate ways.

chris smiled. 

he'd never been this excited to do school work in his life.