Salus

Salem's POV

It has been five days since my stay here in the orphanage. So far, I didn't attract any suspicion. I seem to be doing well. The food's great, clothes are stylish, and everyone is so proper.

Here I am right now, sitting alone, eating lunch. I stare at those other kids acting so formal and graceful, trying to impress those two nobles walking around the hallways.

"Hmmm. It seems they're planning to adopt one of us. Interesting, I wonder who would be lucky to be chosen by them." I heard a voice coming from behind me. I stared at the boy.

He is tan. He has grey eyes, cute dimples, rosy cheeks. His brown hair's smooth as silk, he looks cute with those bangs, especially with thise curls. Plus, he has a charming smile. He's a handsome bloke, I bet tons of girls have a crush on him.

"Yeah, it would be a great honor. I really want to be adopted soon before I turn 18. Otherwise I'll be kicked out of here and forced to serve as a maid in some royal palace or whatever." she huffed as she sits beside me.

She has oceanic blue eyes, beautiful white skin, and rosy red lips. She has short light honey blonde hair, and cute bangs as well. Her hair is not much curly, in fact it is quite wavy. It suits he features. She also has figure, she could be a model.

"Well, it's not really bad. It may be a tiring job at least you get to work in the palace." the boy chuckled, sitting beside me as well.

'Is this how people act in this city!? Casually sitting beside a stranger!?' I thought.

"No way. I want to be a princess, at least a noble would be fine." the girl whined. Then she looks at me, sitting here awkwardly.

"Hey, you seem lonely. You should smile and make friends with other orphans." she spoke to me with a sweet smile.

"Whooaaa. You're handsome." the guy looks at me in amazement, shoving the girl away. "Damn. How come you don't have any friends with a face like that!?"

"Uh...." I gulped.

What on earth should I tell them? That I'm new here? No. They might ask questions.

"Nothing, I just don't get along with people I guess." I lied.

"Seriously? With a face like that you don't have such confidence!? If I were you would go out there and flirt with someone already just like what Cyrel does." the girl exclaimed.

"Shhhh, Olivia. You're so loud. Look, you're already attracting other people's attention. Pipe down." Cyrel groaned.

For a moment there, I kinda blushed. Never received that kind of compliment before. Do people here are that expressive?

"Oh. By the way, my name's Cyrel. And this is my friend, Olivia. We're new here so we don't know a lot yet about this place." Cyrel introduced.

"I'm... Sal--" I paused for a moment, hesitating if I should tell them my name. Both of them looked at me curiously. "I'm...uh.. Sa... Salus."

"My name's Salus."

I almost cringed at the name I've made up. Well, it's better than rising up suspicion.

"Salus? Cool name. Is it okay if I just call you Sal?" Cyrel leaned on me.

"Sure." I said. He's close.

"We came from the slums with no parents raising us. So we're on our own. We live in a town called Xydia. Unfortunately, the town was destroyed by monsters and we're force to migrate here." Cyrel tells me.