Chapter 3: Taken Away

~Meryl's POV~

I dragged Chloe behind me as the strange man all dressed in black approached us. "Leave us alone!" I yelled. "No," he said it as straightforward as possible.

Chloe was scared. She was grabbing my hand so thigh and was shaking from fear. "Please, don't hurt us!" she let out a shaken voice. "You girls are sure something else... stubborn kids!" he said, this time in an angry tone. His temper was rising and his face was getting more serious every moment he asked for Chloe.

He rolled up his sleeves and got closer. "Well, I guess I'll have to do it the hard way... as usual," he grinned. "The hard way?" I gasped. Was he gonna fight me? From how he was acting, it seemed like it.

I let go of Chloe and approached him. "Then fight me!" I said with fake courage on my face, but I was really terrified. As soon as I said that, he threw a punch at me which I easily dodged. Then I got on my fighting position. He just stood back, "You sure know how to show off." He then extended his other hand and I blocked it with my arm. Without a break, he threw a kick which he aimed for my abdomen, almost hitting me, but I managed to move quickly before he reached his target. He stood back again... but this time, I could see that he's temper had reached his limit. "Yoooou!!!" He yelled and ran towards me. He threw a serious of punched and kicks, and I blocked and dodged some. I guess those martial art training dad made me do were useful after all.

I didn't attack even once. I was waiting for him to get exhausted, with every attack he made, leaving him more exhausted.

"Who do you think you are? Show off!!" He yelled as he took a quick breath. "Who are you? Why do you want the girl?" I asked. "That's none of ya business!" he yelled.

After he took his little break from the fight, he shook his head and yelled, "That's it!!" He quickly ran toward me, not to attack me but to pass through me. He was going after Chloe. Right when he was about to push me out of the way, I held his wrist and twisted it as hard as I could. "Ugh!" He let out a whine, then with that I held his hand behind my shoulder, and with all the force I had, I pulled him and threw him over my shoulder, landing on his back and leaving him on the ground, away from us. He groaning in pain as he held his head.

I held Chloe's arm firmly. "Let's get the hell out for her," I said as we headed to the door. Then a bigger man, all dressed in black like the previous man, stood in front of us. "The girl... Now!" he commanded with his deep and harsh voice. I pulled Chloe closer to me without saying a word. "I said..." he took a gun and pointed it on me. "...the GIRL!!"

Chloe hid behind me. "Please! Don't kill us!" She begged in fear. "Oh, sweetie! I won't kill you. After all, our institution is to bring the little girl alive," he said with his crooked smile, swinging the gun left and right like it was nothing. "...but if your little guardian keeps on interfering with our work..." he loaded the gun and aimed at me, "I'll have to put a bullet in her head."

Chloe began to cry as I stared blankly at the gun. My hands were shaking and it felt like my legs were going to fail to support me. I froze there... scared... anxious... not knowing what to do. They were going to take Chloe! They were gonna kill me... I couldn't let them do that. Who are these people and what do they want with her?

The man glanced behind us, just to see the other guy who was still on the ground. "She really did a number on you, man," he said jokingly, "I left you alone by yourself just for five minutes, and you end up ass kicked!" "Ooooh... man... That girl is something else..." he said as he slowly stood up from the floor. "She might look weak at first glance, but she fights like a soldier!" The big man glanced at me and said, "A soldier? Yeah, right... Well, a solider isn't afraid to take a bullet, right?"