Chapter 2: Yeah, Its My Birthday

I opened the door and I heard two... Or maybe three different loud voices greeting me,
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAKE!" And guess what? They're my sister, mom, and dad who wished me for...... Wait a sec!
"Is today my birthday???" I asked in awe.

"You forgot your birthday isn't it Jake? Well yeah, today is your sixteenth birthday" Jenny exclaimed.
"Uh? What are you-"
"Yes, it's really your birthday Jake and you ain't dreaming"
"Fine, then...Happy birthday to me" I said with a huge grin on my face.

"Okay, now come down Jake! We have a surprise for you." My dad said and took me with him where a very big black forest cake with sixteen candles on top of it was waiting for me in the center of our Hall.

Well..... Why should they do all these for me anyway? I'm a teenager, not a kid! But everyone treats me like a kid and that's kinda embarrassing.....

"Hey guys, I've already told you..... that's not necessarily important to celebrate my birth-"
"Okay, now shut up my dear big brother. We know you're a grandpa who thinks this is way too childish but still... We like to celebrate your birthday like this so, just cooperate with us."
"Okay, my dear great gramma."

"Children, stop fighting! This ain't a battle arena okay?" My mom said in a frustrated tone.
"Fine mommy, now tell this grandpa to cut this cake." She said sarcastically
"Okay okay! I will." I said and blew the candle.

They began to sing the same old 'Happy birthday' song. But, it felt good to hear that! I was feeling warm around them, it was the warmth of happiness and joy. And then I cut the cake, fed my sister, mom, and dad. They fed me some cake too! That was...... Well, I'm not able to express how happy I was...

After that, we sat together and chatted with each other for some time and went back to sleep cause..... It's Monday, I and my sister have to go to our school and my dad to his office.

I then woke up at half-past seven in the morning, brushed my teeth, took a shower, ate four slices of bread with jelly, took my cycle and dashed out of my house cause I was running late.

I mean... I was extremely late cause my school starts at eight in the morning and it already was eight when I stepped out of my house. After ten minutes of peddling, I finally reached my destination, that is, my God damn school aka The Hell.

I hated that place so badly that I even thought of burning it up, it's nothing better than jail. You must see the faces of the staff who work here, they'll be like those boxers who are about to punch someone's face. They'll actually do that if they're not in a good mood.

But the worst thing about my school is the bloody hell uniform they've given us. Is that even a dress to wear on? Man....! I hate everything about my school! I don't know how my sister likes it.

Well, it's easy for her cause she has a lot of friends but I don't. I've been living here in California for about five years... And trust me, I still don't have any friends, not even one. I guess, one or two would rarely talk to me but..... I can't term them as my friends.

And then, I parked my cycle outside and stood in front of the locked school gate along with some trashy people who were talking about some sh*tty stuff out loud that my ears started to bleed.

After standing out for about twenty minutes, our P.E teacher came and growled at everyone, then he ordered us to run twenty rounds around our school ground.
There was no excuse so... I had to run. But I somehow managed to dodge four rounds and finally escaped that place. And when I got back, I realized that my first period got over! That is..... I missed my English class!

"The hell! This day is surely the worst day of my life"
I said to myself and walked towards my math class. And when I got in, I saw that my place was already taken by a girl.