༻ 19 ༺

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER NINETEEN
ʀᴇs ғ ᴍʏ ʟɪғ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER NINETEEN• ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

Sanghwa called Yoongi that Sunday evening. He informed him about the paternity test results coming in and how he had gotten them from the clinic earlier that day. Now they were both sitting in the living room, eyes stuck on the tan envelope.

"You okay?" Sanghwa asks, watching the anxious kid beside him.

"Nervous, I guess," Yoongi replies. "Can you open it?"

"Sure."

Sanghwa grabs the envelope and unclasps the top part. He opens it, taking out the papers in it. After a few seconds of silence and Yoongi just staring at him, he speaks.

"It's negative," He looks up at Yoongi. "It's not your child."

Yoongi's eyes almost pop out of their sockets in shock and he takes the papers from Sanghwa, skimming them.

"I'm not the father." He whispers, barely audible.

"You must be relieved."

"I... I thought I would be, but now I don't know," Yoongi puts the papers down and runs his fingers through his hair. "I mean, I am, but at the same time, I guess I wanted that child. I was ready to be a dad."

Sanghwa pats his shoulder in comfort, "I'm sorry, son."

"I still want to help her and come visit her. After all the things she's done, I still care about her and her well being."

Sanghwa smiles, "You're a good kid, you know that? I'm glad my daughter has someone like you in her life even if it's just as friends."

• • • •

Sohye's nervousness overtook the atmosphere in the car. The two of you had decided to come and surprise Yoongi and Taehyung and right now you were on the way to their house.

"I'm so scared!" Sohye shrieks.

"Why?"

"Well... ugh I don't know. That man just makes me feel some sort of way."

"A good way?"

"Oh," She smirks. "A great way. I still can't believe he's my soulmate. I literally get to love him and fuck him and–"

"Sohye!"

Her eyes meet with the driver's by the rearview mirror and she chuckles awkwardly.

"Basically I'm just happy."

"That's all you had to say." You tease.

"We're here," The driver announces.

You and Sohye get off the car and grab your bags. You thank the driver and make your way towards the house, Sohye following behind.