3

A few days have passed since the first Les Amis meeting that I attended and the evening with Eponine. Of course I've seen Eponine since then but I've had no word from Enjolras. Desperately I wait, I need to hear from him again. Eponine constantly assures me that he'll just be shut up in his room planning the revolution and deep down I know she's right, but it still hurts. What am I talking about? He hardly knows I exist. I can't start thinking like we're in a relationship. There's another meeting tonight, I'll see him then. Only briefly perhaps, but I will see him. Perhaps I'll be able to get his attention. As long as I don't make it obvious that that's what I'm doing. If I did that it would probably just lead to a lecture about my priorities. I have to be subtle and discreet, I have to make him think that the revolution is my only goal. Whatever I do, I must not make it apparent that I have fallen for him.

Like last time, I finish my shift just before I see the students enter the bar and promptly sit at a table, pretending that I just arrived. A few seconds later, the students join me, Eponine isn't far behind them. Enjolras takes his usual place at the head of the table. All eyes on him. He stands and addresses the rest of us. He's so handsome. His looks alone captivate me, and that's not even factoring in his natural charisma. Most people would say he isn't charismatic as he doesn't flirt or charm anyone which are usually the biggest tells when someone is charismatic, but when he's talking he can make everyone listen to every word he's saying without having to try. After he has given his speech for the evening we get to work planning, I stay quiet and just listen to the others however find myself casually muttering 'Do You Hear The People Sing?'
"(L/N) what was that?!"
Enjolras asks in a rather intimidating way, I presume I must have accidentally interrupted his train of thought.
"Nothing Enjolras" I apologetically mutter.
"Well if it's important enough to say during these meetings I think it's important enough that we all hear it! Make it quick though we don't have any time to spare!"
Should I tell him? I have to.
"Just a possible song to rally our cause" I whisper timidly.
"Let's hear it" he demands.
"Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men! It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again! When the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums, there is a life about to start when tomorrow comes"
To my relief, Enjolras seems impressed.
"Good work (L/N), that does sum up our revolution rather well. Maybe you're taking this more seriously than I thought."
As expected, he doesn't smile, after all he never does, however he does briefly place his hand on my shoulder, which I feel must be a sign that he likes me...
"Let me know if you come up with anything else."
Pounding against my rib cage, my heart feels like it is going to fly out of my chest. Electricity seemed to be running in a current though my body when he touched me, it was nice, it filled me with a warmth that I had not felt since I appeared in this strange, yet all too familiar world. Could he feel it too? Don't even wonder that, it's pointless fooling yourself, you know he'll never see you like that. He only cares about the revolution. In fact the only reason he gave you any attention is because he liked your suggestion for the revolutionary rallies and campaigns! Snap out of it (Y/N)! Focus! He's still talking! As he continues to share his plans for revolution, I notice Enjolras' enthusiasm seems to have grown. In order to keep my own sanity I try not to read into it too much as I know that I'd be fooling myself if I did, but his enthusiasm seemed to have increased when I suggested 'Do You Hear The People Sing?'. That can't have been the reason. Could it? Never! At least that's what I think until he makes eye contact with me. As usual, he seems to have a stern expression, completely focused on his cause, however I can't help but notice a twinkle of acknowledgment in his eye. Enjolras is pleased with me! I impressed him! Sure, I didn't really write that, but the important thing is he liked it and he would not have heard it if it wasn't for me. I shaped history! I'm making a difference! Enjolras liked my idea! Even though it may not seem like it, this is a big step forward! He knows that I exist! Now, I  just need to keep impressing him!  In the worst case scenario, our relationship never grows, at least I'm still playing a role in the planning of the revolution, at least I have something to fight for. Am I dreaming? I must be. That's the only way this could be happening. If I am dreaming, I really hope that I never wake up; if I am dreaming, I hope that I can dream forever. The environment is harsh here, the class system is harsh her, staying alive is basically impossible here but no body can claim that my life here is boring. After years of waiting I am finally getting the excitement that I have been craving for as long as I can remember. Although it seems like I have already done it at least the thousand times since we arrived in this crazy, confusing universe, which I had always believed was be fictional, I pinch myself. Ouch! It's official. Everything is actually here! This whole dreamlike situation is actually real! Perhaps I could wait a few weeks more before I attempt to return home once again.