Summer Plans

May, 2011, after Never Say Die, possibly Nightshade

Jack's POV

Alex would be home from school any minute now, and Jack Starbright didn't know how she was going to ask him. The problem is this. Her older sister was visiting her parents for their father's 65th birthday, and of course, Jack had been invited too. Then Brooke, the older sister, asked if they all could finally meet Alex. it was over school break, after all. "Come on, Jackie, he's practically my nephew, and i've never meet him!", the 35 year old exclaimed to her 5 year younger sister over the phone. Jack promised she'd ask him.

Jack turned her head as the front door opened.

"Alex, in here!" Jack called from the living room.

"Hay, Whats up?" Alex asked, setting his bag down on the floor against the wall.

"So, you know that my parents and sister live over in the states, right?

"Ya"

"Well, it's my father's 65th birthday in a couple of months, in July, and my sister and her family want to set up a celebration, and asked if I could come."

"I'll be fine for less than a week"

"I know you would, but, the thing is, they asked if you could come with me"

"Really?'

"She was rather insistent on meeting her almost nephew"

Alex paused to think.

"I don't know, Jack. You know how trouble follows me. I already got you involved. I don't want to drag your family into my life too."

"Alex, you aren't dragging anyone. They've all wanted to meet you since the day I told them I got this job when you were 7. I Promise, 3 days. No more."

"It's in July, you said?"

"Yep. Dad's birthday is the 15th. We'd stay a day before, and a day after"

"Alright. You'd never let it go, anyways."

"You're right, I wouldn't. And there will be other kids there too, even some around your age. You'll have fun, I promise" 

"I think having kids my age there is actually a negative."

"Oh, it won't be that bad, they're all good kids. And you could use a little normal socializing"

"Fine. I gotta do homework now, I'll come down for dinner." Alex said, picking his bag up 

"Alright, see you then"

That went better than expected, Jack thought, as she made her was to the kitchen.