o̷n̷e̷

You hated when the attention was on you. When you were in class, you were the classmate that sat in the corner of the room and never talked. In the group projects, you were the silent one that did all the work for everyone so that you wouldn't have had to work with someone else. During lunch time you were the one that ate alone.

You were quiet and shy by nature, but that was not the only reason why you acted like that.

In your school, not getting attention was the only way to survive. There was a group of boys in your school, that liked to be called Ateez. They were mean guys that liked to pick on everyone they landed their eyes on. You had seen a lot of people get dragged into theirs games, both boys and girls, and most of them ended up transferring schools because their lives had become a living hell. Ateez had no mercy for anyone.

That day, you were getting the results of an important test you took a couple days earlier. That test was going to represent most of the final mark for that subject, so you had studied really hard for it.

When the teacher gave everyone their tests back, and you looked at the rankings, you noticed you were fist place. You smiled, excited about it, until you heard someone scoff. You turned around and noticed one of your classmates, Jaehyun.

《How did you get first place?》 he asked, suspicious 《Did you bribe the teachers?》

《I studied...》 you replied, innocently

《Don't make me laugh. We both know you're not that good》

You knew Jaehyun was the son of an important family, and you knew his parents pressured him a lot. They wanted him to always be first place and get the best grades out of the whole school. You knew he took special lessons in the afternoon and evening, and you were quite sure he often stayed up all night to study, because you saw him with dark circles more than once. You hated the idea of causing him trouble, but at the same time you couldn't help but be happy for your results. After all, you worked hard for it.

The teacher called everyone's attention back to him, so that he could start the lesson, but for the rest of the morning you felt Jaehyun glaring at you, and it made you uncomfortable.

When the lunch bell's rang, everyone got up and went to the canteen. You took your tray and queued up to get your food. You had just payed for it, and were about to find a place to sit, when you found Jaehyun in front of you.

《Where do you think you're going?》 he asked

《I was going to sit down and eat》 you replied, quietly

《You think you deserve to eat after what you did?》 he said, smirking

He pushed you harshly and you bumped into someone. The impact made you throw your food on both you and the other person, and you ended up falling on your butt. You winched in pain and looked up, only to meet two cold eyes you hoped to never see. It was San, one of the infamous bad boys.

You felt your blood run cold and gulped. You quickly got up and started apologizing. You ran to take some tissues and tried to clean his shirt, careful not to do something else to upset him. You were shaking and your heart was beating so fast that you thought that it was going to explode. The fact that San wasn't moving nor saying anything, made you 10 times more anxious. What was going on in his mind?

Then, suddenly, he grabbed your wrist to stop you from trying to clean him. You froze at the contact and looked at him, scared, but then you noticed that he was not looking at you. His eyes were burning holes into Jaehyun's soul.

San took his wallet out and handed you some money.

《Go buy yourself something else to eat》 he said, not even looking at you

You took the money, and watched as San got closer to Jaehyun. Then, he suddenly grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out of the canteen. While watching the scene, you noticed the whole room was dead silent. Everyone was scared to even breath, and no one was curious to know what was going to happen to Jaehyun.

But what was even more scary, was the fact that San didn't do anything to you. Was he going to get back at you later? you though, worried.