f̷o̷u̷r̷

Saying that you were surprised was an understatement. You never thought someone like San would even look at your direction, but there you were. After San's little confession, you felt flustered and at the same time intrigued. You wanted to understand what he could have seen in you, that made him act nice for what seems like the first time in his life.

You were a bit skeptical thought. You knew about his reputation and you knew the things he did. You didn't like that side of him and just the fact that he was nice to you a couple of times, didn't make that part of him disappear. You wanted to give him a chance, but at the same time you felt that it wasn't a good idea.

You were walking in the hallways of the school, when someone pushed you and then dragged you till you hit your back to the lockers. You winched a little and looked up, to notice seven scary boys.

Yeosang was the one in the front, with a hand on your collarbone, keeping you to the wall. They were looking at you like they were predators staring at their next prey. You felt the anxiety rise up.

《So you're the one who's bothering San, uh?》 he said 《We should probably teach you a lesson》

《What are you guys doing there?》

Hearing San's voice, you turned to look at him, desperate for him to help you. At first he didn't even see you, since Ateez was surrounding you, but when the boys turned to look at him, he noticed your tiny figure. When he saw you, you could clearly see the change in his eyes.

《What the hell》 he said, coming closer 《Leave her alone》

San pushed Yeosang's hands off of you, and you took a step back, trying to slowly distance yourself from them.

《San, what are you doing?》 asked Mingi, annoyed and confused 《We're trying to help you》

《Yeah, you said she was stalking you》 added Wooyoung

《She's not stalking me》

《But you said-》

《I lied!》

The boys looked at each other, then at San. Since San was distracting them, you thought it was better for you to go away. Your legs were feeling weak and you knew it was a matter of second before they would give in.

《I should go》 you whispered

San still heard you, and turned around in time to watch you ran away. He wanted to reach out to you and stop you, but you were too quick to ran away, for him to do that. He sighed in defeat.

《What is going on?》 asked Hongjoong, confused

《I didn't want her to get involved with you so I lied when Seonghwa and Wooyoung saw us together》 San admitted

《Why did you lie to us?》 Yunho asked, hurt

《I'm interested in her and I didn't want you to ruin it》 he replied

《How could we ruin something you care about?》 said Wooyoung 《You know we are friends, we wouldn't hurt you intentionally》

《I know but... It's already hard for me to get close to her because of our reputation》

《We're sorry about scaring her》 said Yeosang 《But if you told us the truth this wouldn't have happen》

《I know》 San said, exasperated 《But I don't have time to talk about this now. I need to find her and talk to her》

Before they could reply, San ran in the direction you ran to just a couple minutes before. After looking for you for a while, he saw you out of the school, sitting on the ground, trying to calm down. San approached you and crouched in front of you.