s̷e̷v̷e̷n̷

The nurses brought San's food, and you left to go to the cafe of the hospital to buy yourself a sandwich. You went back to his room and sat next to him, while you both ate your food.

《We're in the same school?》 San asked

《Yes》 you replied 《But in different classes》

《How do we know each others then?》

《Everyone knows you and your friends around school》

He already knew that. He remembered that much.

《How do I know you?》 he specified

Your attempt at avoiding the question didn't go unnoticed by him.

《We've met in the canteen》 you said, trying not to say too much

The lack of details was bothering him. He knew there was something you weren't telling him and he wanted to know what it was, but at the same time he din't want to force you to say it.

《How did we became friends?》 he asked

《I don't even know if I can call us friends》 you replied

《Then what are we?》

《I don't know》 you said, exasperated

He was getting insistent and it was starting to annoy you.

《Can we stop talking about it?》 you asked

San nodded, but you didn't miss his sad expression. It was getting late and after a while he fell asleep. You didn't feel like leaving him, so you slept there at the hospital with him, on the couch next to his bed.

San had a dream that night. He was in a classroom with you, Wooyung and Seonghwa. He was upset.

《She dragged me here to annoy me》 he said in the dream

He turned to glare at you, then spoke again.

《Stop stalking me》

The dream vanished and he slowly opened his eyes. The dream felt too real to be only that. He knew it was a memory, and that confused him. Where you someone he hated? Why was he angry at you in his memory? Where you really his stalker?

He turned to look at you, peacefully sleeping on the couch. You didn't want to talk about the relationship between you two, and you were vague about how you met. Maybe you really were a stalker. He didn't understand and it frustrated him.

The door opened and Hongjoong and Seonghwa came in. They greeted San, trying not to make too much noise, because they didn't want to wake you up.

《How are you doing?》 Seonghwa asked

《I still have a headache and my ribs hurt sometimes when I move, but it could be worse》 San replied

《She's been here all night?》 asked Hongjoong, surprised

《I fell asleep because of the medicines and she was still awake》 San said 《I wasn't expecting her to stay either》

There was a weird tone in his voice, and Hongjoong and Seonghwa glanced at each others, confused. You started to move and stretch on the couch, woken up by their voices. You opened your eyes and as soon as you saw the three boys, you jumped on the couch. Seonghwa chuckled at your reaction.

《Good morning》 you said, trying to fix your bed hair

《Morning》 they replied

《I didn't know you were staying the night》 Hongjoong said