Chapter 5

Third Person Pov

When Xavier woke up again, he was in a bed with drool rolling down his chin and his whole mouth open. He was also wearing clothes that had not belong to him. His hair was also so very greasy and his face ached so very much.

And it wasn't even morning. It looked like if it was about 4 in the night. Crickets were out and everything was deathly quiet...well, except what sound of the quiet turning of pages and a clock.

He paused at the sound of pages and sat up to look around the room he was in. It wasn't his room, he thought with the throbbing of his head. He grasped his head, who the fuck would be reading at 4 in the fucking morning anyway?

"Are you awake?" A monotone voice asked along with the flipping of another page. Grey hair peaked from the side of the bed. Xavier instantly recognized his voice. He jumped. It was his sensei!

Xavier flinched, jumping into the corner of the bed. "What the hell?!" He yelped, pulling the sheets closer to him. "What am I doing here?!"

His sensei only snorted, snapping his book shut. "I found you on a park bench, looking half-dead." He rose from the floor and sat on the side of the bed. "It looked like if you've been running in through the woods."

Xavier grimaced, clenching the sheets. Memories of the early night were recalled. He was chased through the woods and he felt half-dead. He sighed and composed himself, he nonchalantly waved at his sensei. "Nonsense! I always look like this!" He tossed the sheets from himself, a almost determined look replaced from the tired look. He attempted to get up but his body suddenly remembered that it was tired and so he winced, stopping him from every thought of moving.

He fell on his side and groaned, and Kakashi chuckled warmly. "Yeah, I was running through the woods." He sat up, now irritated at his body. "A huge wolf broke into my house and ate my food and then chased me out." He sulked, his head bowed in shame. His sensei cackled and patted his head. Xavier looked up, confused at what he was laughing about.

"You're a weird one." He mused, his eye curved as if he were smiling. Xavier squinted at him, even more confused on how the fuck he was doing that with his eye. "What do you mean and how the hell are you doing that with your eye?" He remarked skeptically, arms crossed.

He chuckled and explained. "Well, first you throw a bone at my head, then you jump off the school building... then I find you sleeping on park bench and now, you explain to me that you've been chased out of your own home by a dog."

Xavier crossed his arms and scowled. "Its not funny and it wasn't a dog. It was a huge wolf, taller than you are and the size of my king sized bed!"

"You have a king sized bed?"

Xavier groaned and pulled his face. "That's not the point! There's a huge monster in my house and I need to get it out."

Kakashi chuckled and then apologized. "Look, I'm sorry but you're in a pretty weird situation and it's pretty funny-" Xavier shot a glare at him. "-But" He rose his hands in defense. "Maybe we can start over. After today's earlier fiasco, you left everyone confused, so... why don't you introduce yourself.. You know to start on the right foot."

Xavier lifted his head up and stared at him in disbelief, but his sensei stared at him back with only the most encouraging look ever. Xavier broke down and sighed and gave in to the intense stare he was giving him. He shook his head.

"My name is Xavier. I like to whittle and cook. I also like to read and I'm into carving and making sculptures..." He paused, deciding whether or not he should go into dislikes. Kakashi shook his head encouragingly. Xavier sighed. "I dislike ... the cold sometimes and..." He swallowed, and withdrew from the topic. "Hobbies include training, cooking, and learning. And as for my dreams..." He looked in his new sensei's sole eye. "I want to survive and live."

Kakashi blinked. The last part kind of surprised him, especially with all that intensity that had never introduced to him.

Xavier realized how strange he put on that last bit by the look on his sensei's face and coughed awkwardly, a little tin of color made a way of his face, "Sorry...That was weird." He laughed awkwardly, and began to get up. "Uh... Sorry for the weird question, but where's your nearest window?" He began to fidget, "It's for...uh, science."

Kakashi laughed, shaking his head. He clasped his hand on Xavier's shoulder and scooted him towards the bed. "Listen, you should probably get some rest. Tomorrow you will have to take a test which will determine whether or not you are fit to be a ninja." He sat him on the bed and patted a deflating Xavier's head. "You can worry about the dog later... He'll probably leave after tonight anyway so just worry about tomorrow."

Xavier got into the bed, a bit suspicious and tucked himself in. "What about my clothes..." He remembered coming in with filthy clothes and no shoes. "Don't worry about it, they're almost done drying anyways."

Xavier yawned, still a bit weirded out by the situation. "Okay... If you say so."

His sensei shook his head and prepped himself on the floor, he took out his book and made himself comfortable. "Well, goodnight."

"Yeah... Uh... Goodnight, sensei."